Revenue Integrity Analyst RN - Work from Home (WFH)
Posted on: November 24, 2018
The Company: Parallon Business Solutions is a subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America and HCA West Florida. We provide a variety of services including revenue cycle, supply chain management, and workforce management to 1,400 hospitals and 11,000 non-acute care providers, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites. We have been voted one of the top employers in Florida for 8 years in a row, and are known for taking the best care of clients and employees alike.
- Our culture fosters an environment of continuous growth and professional development.
- Parallon was named a "Top 100 Company to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2016" by FlexJobs.
- HCA has been a Military Friends Spouse Employer for 8 years in a row.
- We believe in rewarding our employees with a healthy work/life experience, our employees are rewarded with comprehensive health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement planning support, and time away from work options.
Job Summary - The Revenue Integrity Analyst Register Nurse (RN) is responsible for determining the appropriateness of patient charges, and Charge Description Master (CDM) assigned HCPCS/CPTs, by reviewing the medical record, facility protocol, and other applicable documentation. This review includes the verification of billing data for accuracy and completeness, following regulatory requirements, in order to resolve edits or exceptions detected during system processing of the claim in Patient Accounting, Relay Health or the payer. Applies modifiers when appropriate based on this review, and/or makes necessary adjustments to patient account charges and/or balances. Analyzes accounts for specialized billing requirements that require a review of the medical record documentation, regulatory information, and HCA standards. Uses clinical expertise when applicable to perform charge reviews and/or works on edits that are deemed appropriate for only an RN to be qualified to review and resolve. Combines or splits accounts as appropriate. Serves as a liaison between facilities Administration, Shared Services Center, and ancillary department directors regarding charging issues, clinical documentation issues and revenue opportunities. Provides charge review results and develops and coordinates educational in-services for facility staff related to charging/billing issues. Coordinates retrospective, concurrent, patient requested, and external billing audits. Reviews denial trends for documentation and charging opportunities. Serves as a primary contact for charge related SSC and facility inquiries and issues.
Supervisor - Revenue Integrity Manager
Supervises - not applicable
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Analyze and resolve specific billing edits that require an RNs clinical expertise and that are delaying claims from processing in the Patient Accounting and/or Relay Health systems. This includes the verification (and/or correction) of billing data for accuracy and completeness, by following regulatory requirements, and reviewing the medical record, facility protocol, and other applicable documentation. This also includes the application of modifiers and condition codes, as appropriate.
- Identify charging, coding, or clinical documentation issues and work with appropriate leadership and ancillary departments to resolve issues.
- Perform charge audits reviews by verifying billing data as compared to documentation and making corrections in Patient Accounting as needed.
- Analyze charge review findings, provide recommendations to facility ancillary department directors in order to improve documentation, charging flow, and accuracy.
- Serve as chargemaster liaison to facilitate clinical department education on appropriate charging of CPT codes, Revenue Codes, and communicating with Ancillary Departments to resolve issues. Coordinates updates (activate, inactivate, modification) with Ancillary Departments as necessary
- Performs assigned charge reviews (governmental, corporate, insurance defense, patient requested, collections, denials, focused review, SPAEs, cosmetics, etc.) by researching documentation, analyzing information, entering all corrections as needed and communicating error trends to provide process improvement opportunities.
- Review Regulatory and Compliance Communications, applicable CMS transmittals, and Local Coverage Decisions (LCD). Assess impact to Revenue Integrity procedures and implement changes as needed. Perform NCD LCD Coverage review when requested.
- Participate in customer service events at the facility such as facility FECC Committee, new director onboarding, charge education and report charging issues as appropriate.
- Maintain billing education, attend webcasts and conference calls as required.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Other duties as assigned
Keywords: HCA., Largo , Revenue Integrity Analyst RN - Work from Home (WFH), Professions , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!