Mental Health Technician FT Days
Company: Largo Medical Center
Posted on: September 23, 2018
close to Indian Rocks Beach.
Our campuses provide exceptional care to our patients through a variety of our service lines such as Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Services, Behavioral Medicine, Bariatric/Surgical Weight Loss care at the Florida Bariatric Centers, Breast Healthcare at the Florida Breast Institute, Clinical Research, Occupational Health, Hepatobiliary Center, Imaging and Diagnostic Services, Knee Care at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Pavilion - 10th Anniversary, Outpatient and Inpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Sports Injury care at the Florida Sports Medicine Center, Sleep Disorders Care, Wound Care and Spine and Neurological Care at the Florida Spine & Neuro Center.
As a progressive and thriving facility, Largo Medical Center is committed to launching service lines that align themselves with the needs of the community. Our newest example of this commitment is seen through the opening of our Transplant Institute of Florida, the first Transplant Institute in Pinellas County. With a passion for quality, and a commitment to growth for our hospital and our employees, Largo Medical Center creates a culture of compassion and service excellence for patients and employees alike.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Mental Health Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities in the Mental Health unit include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- At least one year of experience working within the mental health/bevhavior health unit strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Largo Medical Center, Largo , Mental Health Technician FT Days, Professions , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!