Business Strategy Analyst Lead
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Purpose of Job About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
You will be a significant part of a team responsible for the
management and delivery Payment products and improvements.
Responsible for products including Wires, Zelle, Funds Transfers,
Internal, External Bill-Pay, Adding and verifying External Accounts
to move money, Teller's Check, Remote Deposit Capture and Digital
Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide
thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market
developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment,
and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights
and information-based context for key partners in the business unit
to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business
This position is mapped Hybrid, therefore, you should live within
commuting distance of one of our USAA offices such as San Antonio,
Dallas, Tampa, Phoenix or Charlotte. Job Requirements
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads discussions with key collaborators to communicate
information learned from analyses, provide input into line of
business strategy development, and drive and influence business
- Leads integration of the analytic strategy and business
- Leads and supervises efforts to identify key business
assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy.
Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions
to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer
business questions identified in the business portfolio, product,
or member experience.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to evaluate and uncover
strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including
Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk,
Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies authoritative analytical rigor to define outcome
measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning,
improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and
to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Optimally influences and drives strategic agreement applying
subject matter expertise and interpersonal and negotiation
- Serves as a team lead and provides mentorship and on-the-job
training to team members. Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or
related subject area; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree. Minimum Experience:
- 8+ years of data & analytics or strategy consulting experience;
OR a minimum of 6 years of data & analytics or strategy consulting
experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business
relevant experience within the respective industry of
responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a
total of 8+ years of combined experience; OR Advanced Degree in
Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related subject area and
6+ years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting or
functional business experience within the respective industry of
responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.).
- Experience identifying business needs and leading strategic
plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market
- Strong analytical skills with experience using
hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Extensive experience leading and performing complex data
analysis using various data analytics tools (i.e. Microsoft Excel,
Tableau, R, Python).
- Experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience working with leadership teams to identify key
opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using
quantitative and qualitative analytics. Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in a Product or Analyst role
supporting a Financial Services Product
- Demonstrated experience and ability to model, understand and
synthesize data into product insights and recommendations
- Solid understanding of payment rails and payment systems
- Solid understanding of Consumer payment trendsThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600 - $211,700Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Rewards.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Largo , Business Strategy Analyst Lead, Professions , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!