Maintenance Technician (1st Shift)
Company: TACO Metals
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you're bold, enjoy a challenge and always
looking to innovate, you'll feel right at home at TACO Metals. We
realize our strength is in our collaboration with like-minded and
talented people – from designers and engineers to project managers,
sales representatives and beyond. Our mission is to be the one and
only company our customers think of because we have created value
through Innovation, Quality and Service…and we have been doing just
that since 1959. We don't just develop and manufacture products for
the Marine and Sports Fishing industries, we help create
opportunities for. And that mission starts with recruiting high
quality talent that knows what it means to win as a team.Currently
we have an opening within our Maintenance Department for a
Maintenance Technician.This position will be responsible for duties
designed to assist multiple departments within Taco Metals. The
purpose of this position is to install, maintain, troubleshoot and
repair industrial manufacturing equipment and perform routine
facility maintenance tasks, to support the business goals and
objectives of Taco Metals. This position is a non-exempt hourly
position and will report directly to the Maintenance ManagerThe
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position are:These are
functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to
perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the facility equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and
repair of production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on production machines
- Performs maintenance such as electrical, plumbing and carpentry
for the facility.
- Provide emergency and/or unscheduled repairs.
- Follow all documented and accepted company and department
- Participate in safety training.
- Suggest and participate in safety improvements. (Job hazard
analysis, audits, inspections, etc.)Requirements for this position
- Industrial Maintenance Degree or High school diploma or
Associate's degree in relevant field; and
- 5 more years of experience in industrial maintenance in a
manufacturing environment (PLC experience a plus), or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions,
short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to show a positive attitude and respectful behavior and
work cooperatively with peers and all levels of management.
- Ability to work as a team with others to meet business
- Bilingual a plus. (Spanish)Does this sound like you?Does this
sound like you? If you feel you are a good match for this position,
our culture and have the required experience and educational
background, please submit your resume today. We would love to have
a conversation with you!Employer's RightsThis job description does
not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by
their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents
will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks
listed in this job description.The Company has the right to revise
this job description at any time. The job description is not a
contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate
employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without
notice (subject to applicable laws).Taco Metals is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/DisabledPowered by
Keywords: TACO Metals, Largo , Maintenance Technician (1st Shift), Professions , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!