Risk Analyst Lead - Data Governance (Remote Optional)
Location: Belleair Beach
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.We are seeking an
experienced Risk Analyst Lead-Data Governance for either our San
Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs,
CO or Charlotte, NC facility. This person may also work remotely in
a 100% Remote Work Environment.Occasional travel will be required
to USAA facility for training and/or meetings.Provides risk
management support for a line of business or staff agency in key
risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and
reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through
appropriate practices and processes. Assess and coordinate
enterprise and business exposures including key and emerging risks.
Monitors the risk and control environment and provides effective
challenge to internal and external partners to ensure that
exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Raises and reports risks
to the appropriate governance bodies. Leads and implements complex
initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office
and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages
broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products, and processes.Job RequirementsPrimary
- Identifies and seeks key partners across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites, and solutions to ensure
well-rounded understanding and management of risks according to
industry standard methodology.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to use or produce analytical material
for discussions with multi-functional teams to understand business
objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles, and facilitates multi-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate, and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business partners.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
board members.When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Minimum Requirements:Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond
the minimum required in lieu of a degree (12 years total
- 8 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience
in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance,
financial services, audit, project management, public accounting,
or other related operational area, OR advanced degree/designation
in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other subject area
relevant to risk management and 6 years of work experience in a
subject area relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution
and/or highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and
ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and
influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and
external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include
demonstrable ability to effectively make data-driven
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
and PowerPoint.Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of data governance frameworks, risks, controls, and
data-related regulations/standards (BCBS 239, DCAM, OCC Heightened
Standards for Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting etc.).
- Experience with data analysis, data governance, data standards,
business data modeling, metadata, data quality, and/or reporting
processes and tools.
- Experience in data management - Enterprise Data Governance,
Information Governance, Business Intelligence and Data
- Knowledge of tools and their interplay within Enterprise Data
Governance (Metadata, data discovery, master data).
- 4 plus years' experience in Technology or Info Security
operational risk role.
- Relevant risk and/or data industry certifications such as:
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) and/or
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600-211,700*.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Largo , Risk Analyst Lead - Data Governance (Remote Optional), Professions , Belleair Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!