Industrial Systems Engineer
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Requisition Details: The Industrial Engineer drives business and
process improvements across multiple manufacturing and
transactional processes by designing, improving, and implementing
integrated systems of people, materials, and equipment. The
individual draws upon the specialized knowledge and skill in the
mathematical, physical, and social sciences, together with the
principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to
specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such
The IE leads initiatives which incorporate best practices in areas
such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, and theory of constraints to
eliminate process variation and waste and enable increase in
capacity, reduction in lead-time, improved process flow and gains
Typical duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the
- Reviews existing operations, documenting product and
information flow in current operations using tools including value
stream maps and process flow diagrams; develops recommendations for
process improvements (including automation); and leads the
implementation of the recommendations.
- Leads factory layout initiatives for optimal process flow and
material levels, including kanban/ replenishment levels and
- Partners with the Automation Team to provide Industry 4.0
- Identifies needs for manufacturing simulation models; leads
data collection efforts to support model creation. Creates
alternate scenarios based on model modifications.
- Uses system reports to investigate work measurement variances;
performs cost/benefit analysis and trade-off studies for methods
and productivity improvements.
- Builds capacity models (equipment and manpower), including
gathering of critical data; makes recommendations based on the
- Applies statistical methods and perform mathematical
calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff
requirements, and production standards.
- Ensures Human Factors Engineering disciplines are utilized in
production setup, configuration and in new product designs.
- Drives improved manufacturability and testability of products
by analyzing historical performance and makes recommendations to
Design the teams.
- Participates in new proposals; coordinates data collection
based on existing standards and historical data.
- 6 years related experience
- Proficient in Lean Principles, Six Sigma and Theory of
Constraints methodologies and tools; understanding both the data
aspects, and the criticality the social/people elements of a
successful Lean culture.
- Self-motivated, has a bias for action and a sense of urgency;
demonstrates accountability by holding self and others accountable
to the team charter.
- Team player, who understand team dynamics, and is able to
assemble, lead, and motivate effective teams
- Excellent project and change management skills; strong
analytical and problem-solving skills; and excellent oral and
written communication skills
- Capable of managing the implementation of Business-level
projects in a multiple factories
- Focus on system optimization
- Demonstrated knowledge in Automation/Smart Manufacturing
- Strong business acumen ability to make sound business
- Proficient in Process Simulations
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist Qualification or Six Sigma Green
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience deploying automation and robotics systems in a high
mix production environment.
- Experience with digital manufacturing tools and techniques
(Delmia, Process Simulate, NX or equivalent)
- Knowledge in Visiprise Manufacturing (VM), Process Re-invention
Integrating Systems for Manufacturing (PRISM) systems
- Transitioning development products to a production
- Six Sigma certification, Raytheon Six Sigma Expert, Six Sigma
Black Belt, Shingo Certification, or equivalent
- Earned Value Certification
Required Education and Job Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Industrial Systems Engineering from an
accredited university, or STEMS Degree
Masters Degree in Industrial & Management Systems Engineering from
an accredited university
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require
the ability to access US only data systems
134148BR 134148Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Largo , Industrial Systems Engineer, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!