Buyer / Planner
Posted on: June 9, 2019
The Buyer/Planner will Issue purchase orders to approved suppliers
to obtain materials at the lowest cost consistent with quality,
reliability and urgency of need. Analyze quotes received, negotiate
purchasing agreements, select and recommend suppliers and schedule
deliveries to meet production needs. Schedule and coordinate the
flow of work and materials within or between departments to meet
overall production schedules and customer orders.
* Prepare monthly and weekly schedules for each assigned department
working with the department supervisor.
* Monitor schedule compliance and report any non-compliance to the
* Analyze quotes for raw materials from suppliers, negotiate
purchase agreements, resolve quality issues with suppliers and
manage supplier performance to our requirements.
* Monitor supplier performance and achieve goals for supplier
* Perform transactions such as production reporting, transfers,
scrap, cycle counts, P.O. entry, and other ad hoc
* Participate in Lean initiatives as a team member supporting
* Interface with various department supervisors, managers,
suppliers, etc. to ensure materials and flow of work meet desired
* Visit suppliers to audit procedures and to evaluate facilities
and the organization overall.
* Bachelor's degree and Internship or equivalent experience, or a
Master's degree in Supply Chain Management with graduate course
experience, in purchasing and/or planning and production
* 3-5 years of experience is preferred.
* In-depth knowledge in the field of Production Control and Sales
and Operations Planning, Purchasing and supplier management
* Knowledge of MPS/MRP systems preferred.
CONMED Corporation is a progressive, global medical device company.
Through thoughtful leadership, innovation and team work, we are
changing the future of medicine. Our 3,500 employees worldwide make
meaningful contributions, positively impact the business, and
advance in their careers as our company and product portfolio
We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology,
Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology and our employees
enjoy challenging and diverse job opportunities across these varied
specializations. We are headquartered in upstate New York with
additional domestic facilities in FL, CA, MA, CO, and GA. We have
an international presence in more than 20 locations throughout
Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, North America, and the
* CONMED offers competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid
fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar
up to 7%
* Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action
Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race,ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
Keywords: CONMED, Largo , Buyer / Planner, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!