CNC Set Up Specialist - First Shift
Posted on: May 19, 2019
CONMED Corporation is a global medical technology company that
specializes in the development and sale of surgical and patient
monitoring products and services that allow our physician customers
to deliver high quality care and as a result, enhanced clinical
outcomes for their patients. Our products are technological leaders
in the specialties that we serve: Orthopaedics, General Surgery,
Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology.
CONMED's mission, and the focus of every employee around the world,
is to improve the quality of health care by designing, producing
and marketing innovative, high-quality products. Our emphasis is on
our customer's satisfaction and on our enhanced patient outcomes.
We strive to demonstrate thoughtful leadership, provide meaningful
opportunities for employees, and be a responsible member of the
local communities in which we conduct business.
CONMED is headquartered in beautiful, upstate New York (Utica), and
employs approximately 3500 people worldwide. Our employees are
located in 8 manufacturing, distribution or design facilities in
the United States and in sales offices throughout the world. Our
domestic locations include: Utica, NY, Largo, FL, Anaheim CA, San
Mateo, CA, Westborough, MA, Edison, NJ, Centennial, CO, and
Atlanta, GA. Our international facilities and presence spans more
than 20 locations throughout Europe, Australia, Latin America,
Asia, North America and the Middle East.
Job Title: Machinist, CNC Set Up
Purpose: Sets up and operates various CNC machines and manual
equipment. Also, operates more complex CNC machines where setup is
assisted or completed by another.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Sets up and operates a variety of CNC and/or manual machines
where set-up is well defined with limited supervision
* Operates more complex CNC & manual machines where setup is
assisted or set up by another
* Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments,
accessories, and materials onto machines.
* Read blueprints, drawings, CNC programs and engineering
instructions to ensure conformance to specifications of precision
* Inspects precision parts given a defined inspection process.
Calculates dimensions, tolerances and machine offset adjustments
using knowledge of mathematics and precision inspection
instruments. Performs in-process inspection.
* Meets basic metrology requirements, inspects precision parts
given a defined inspection process.
* Maintains close tolerance dimensions while producing parts at the
rates established for a particular operation.
* Identifies and participates in resolving machining problems in
order to produce defect free parts
* Provides training & technical assistance to less experienced
* Performs various production operations such as: bead blasting,
surface finishing, part masking, general inspection, deburring
parts, packing parts to be processed.
* May move, handle and dispense various chemicals and handle
* Continually rotate through a variety of manufacturing processes,
performing all types of tasks in a cell/team environment.
* Performs other related tasks including but not limited to
performing housekeeping tasks required to keep the work area safe,
clean and organized.
* Completes all training requirements and follows established
procedures (FDA cGMP, ISO, OSHA, etc.).
* Maintains 5S standards and supports continuous improvement
* Moves, handles and dipsenses various chemicals and handles
* Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements: Minimum of two years experience in
operating CNC production equipment.
Knowledge Requirements: Given routine set-ups and adjustments using
simple offsets with only limited supervision, qualified candidates
must have demonstrated competency in the set-up and operation of 2
or more of the following machine categories: 1) 3-axis CNC mills,
2) 2-axis CNC lathes, 3) manual lathe/mill/grinder with simple
set-up and parts, 4) electrical discharge machines (wire or
sinker), 5) CNC Grinders (5-axis, other), 6) electro-chemical
grinders (CNC or manual), 7) crush form grinders, and/or 8) operate
CNC mill turns including minor adjustments set-up by another.
Adjust tool wear offsets, adjust work (fixture) offsets and safely
perform mid-program starts Posses a basic understanding of the
mechanical steps required to install and align the designated tools
and hardware for metal cutting/fabricating operations. Posses the
ability to follow verbal and written instructions, read and
interpret blueprints, apply shop math and basic metrology tools and
have the ability to learn the more advanced metrology skills.
Must be able to stand for up to eight hours per day, ability to
move about, bends, stoops, uses hands and lift up to 35 pounds
unassisted. Unaided visual acuity or corrected visual acuity should
be at least 20/40 in each eye at infinity (20 feet) with the
ability to distinguish colors. Must be able to perform work at a
bench height of 37.5\\" to 42\\".
CONMED Corporation is a progressive, global medical device company.
Through thoughtful leadership, innovation and team work, we are
changing the future of medicine. Our 3,500 employees worldwide make
meaningful contributions, positively impact the business, and
advance in their careers as our company and product portfolio
We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology,
Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology and our employees
enjoy challenging and diverse job opportunities across these varied
specializations. We are headquartered in upstate New York with
additional domestic facilities in FL, CA, MA, CO, and GA. We have
an international presence in more than 20 locations throughout
Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, North America, and the
* CONMED offers competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid
fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar
up to 7%
* Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action
Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race,ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
Keywords: CONMED, Largo , CNC Set Up Specialist - First Shift, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!