Branch Service Supervisor - Largo, FL
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: February 10, 2019
As the main point of contact to service customer transactions, tellers are responsible for providing a positive experience that leads to customer satisfaction and product sales. Tellers process transactions accurately and efficiently while simultaneously introducing products and services that meet the customer's needs and encouraging customers to expand their relationship. The Branch Service Supervisor leads the teller line in cross-selling, referrals and new business. The Branch Service Supervisor is responsible for supervising, scheduling and ensuring Teller line compliance. Demonstrates passion for delighting the customer by living the Customer Covenant every day. Branch must have more than one Teller in order to have a Branch Service Supervisor. The Branch Service Supervisor has a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Regional Operations Manager and will be held accountable for proper compliance with branch operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by following the Synovus Customer Service Standards. Proactively greets customers at teller station or designated greeter station to create a connection and develop rapport with customers to provide outstanding, personalized service.
* Demonstrates solid working knowledge of bank products and services. Listens carefully to customers to understand their financial priorities and to recommend products and solutions that will benefit them.
* Sales and production-related job functions:
* Meets or exceeds individual performance sales goals while supporting the goals of the branch. Ensures that all Tellers are aware of, and participating in, achievement of performance and sales goals. Drives sales performance on the Teller line. Participates in sales and training activities to reach closed referral goals.
* Makes outbound calls to customers in order to discuss their financial needs and recommend products and solutions that would benefit them.
* Actively promotes the bank's products and services by connecting customers through referrals to appropriate departments for specialized services. Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects during sales campaigns and promotions.
* Serves as the primary sales role in the bank for Synovus Connect products.
* Appropriately utilizes the Sales Management system to capture and track referrals.
* Participates in daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly sales meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific product information and sales tips. Ensures proper lobby management to maximize customer service and sales opportunities.
Operations Related Job Functions:
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards. Follows business code of conduct, compliance and regulatory guidelines and policies, and PFP updates. Completes compliance and other assigned technical/operations training on time.
* Performs as the IBS Teller Insight Branch Administrator. Updates profiles for users, assigns authority, performs other IBS TellerInsight Administration tasks.
* Understands the banks security policies and procedures, assists in opening and closing procedures and maintaining codes, alarm function, cameras, cash controls and other opening / closing related activities.
* Monitors and maintains established levels of cash in the branch. Determines what needs to be ordered and/or shipped. Supply and verify cash to and from customers, tellers, and other branches.
* Appropriately utilizes override authority.
Supervisory/Leadership Job Functions:
* Participates in the interviewing and hiring of Teller staff. Ensures tellers are properly trained and assimilated into their role. Provides training, coaching and mentoring to teller staff and ensures staff compliance with bank policies and procedures.
* Supervises and schedules teller line operations to assure that sufficient staff is available and that customer transactions are processed accurately, efficiently, and courteously. Assigns and reviews the work of tellers and offers guidance to tellers in handling complex customer transactions, balancing daily settlements, and meeting customer needs.
* Completes all phases of the Performance Management process for tellers, to include Goal Setting, Ongoing Coaching, and Year End Performance Review. Coaches and counsels team members and ensures appropriate disciplinary action as needed.
* Demonstrates high level of accuracy and efficiency when conducting customer transactions and maintains accurate records of all transactions. Executes various customer transactions including but not limited to: receiving and paying out cash or other disbursements, cashing checks, accepting account deposits and withdrawals, accepting loan and credit card payments, issuing money orders, and Connections cards. Demonstrates the ability to manage complex service issues independently.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a sense of urgency.
* Driving Change: Effectively manages the communication process surrounding change; advocates with team members to embrace the benefits of change; follows up and drives change efforts through to completion; provides team members with the support they need to handle change.
* Building an Effective Team: Attracts, selects, and retains talented team members in his/her branch; uses clear and objective action plans with team members to drive development; provides regular coaching and feedback to improve performance; creates strong morale and spirit on his/her team by sharing wins and successes.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company standards associated with superior customer service.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others' point of view.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others; demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high performance.
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the right level; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize opportunities as they arise.
* Solving Problems: Considers several alternatives and solutions for any given problem, remains open-minded to the ideas of others; examines best practices and what has worked successfully before; focuses attention on the underlying causes of problems.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Largo , Branch Service Supervisor - Largo, FL, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!