Early Learning Specialist- $3,000 sign-on bonus
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: September 18, 2023
$3000 Recruitment Bonus! LSF is looking for a talented Teacher
II who wants to make an impact in the lives of others. Purpose &
Impact: The purpose of the Teacher II is to serves as lead worker
in the classroom. Performs duties planning and implementing
educational activities for pre-school aged children or
infants/toddlers in the Head Start/Early Heart Start Program.
- Plans develop and implement daily lesson plans that provide for
educational and enrichment activities for pre-school age children
or infants and toddlers that meet federal performance
- Plans and arranges classrooms into distinctive learning areas
that promote an effective learning environment.
- Screens and assesses children to determine
developmental/educational needs and develops and implements
individual education plans.
- Monitors meal and snack periods, classroom and restroom
activities, and playground activities to ensure a safe environment
for young children.
- Monitors food service and supplies for adequate inventory.
- Documents children's progress or lack of and completes all
required manual and computerized forms and reports in accordance
with federal requirements.
- Initiates referrals on children to the Center Director by
submission of a variety of formal documents.
- Plans classroom activities for parent and community
- Communicates with parents through parent conferences, written
correspondence, and telephone to apprise them of child's progress,
upcoming events, classroom activities, individual education plan
changes, and other relevant information.
- Conducts health checks on children for health concerns,
including ringworm, head lice and other health conditions, and
reports to appropriate Health Coordinator.
- Ensures lessons and classroom activities align with the Florida
- Conducts Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten assessments as
- Ensures that at least 80% of the children are kindergarten
- Performs quality staff-child interactions.
- Uses active supervision techniques and maintains positive
- Maintain a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for
each child, including weekly observations in each area, examples of
the child's work, and a developmental assessment.
- Uses home visits and parent conferences to discuss the child's
individual development and progress, assist the parents in
developing observational skills and solicit parent
- Plans, coordinates and oversees field trips for assigned
- Orders supplies and equipment to be used by special needs
children in the classroom.
- Assists in the transportation of special needs children by
lifting child into seat and fastening safety belt.
- Inspects classrooms and grounds to ensure the safety,
orderliness, sanitation and cleanliness of facilities.
- Reviews and forwards accident and incident reports.
- Discusses plans and coordinates concerns regarding the child
and family with other Head Start/Early Head Start staff.
- Performs First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) as
- Performs other related duties as required. Education: Bachelors
Degree in Early Childhood Education or related degree Experience:
Two years of experience teaching Head Start , Early Head Start ,
pre-school or kindergarten age children . Bilingual preferred:
English/Spanish or English and other languages present in the local
area. Why work for LSF? LSF offers 60 programs across the state of
Florida serving a wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven
staff members become part of the LSF community while transforming
the lives of those in need. Our staff additionally find growth
opportunities as they explore areas of interest within the
organization. Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teladoc (24/7 online access to doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement Lutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Largo , Early Learning Specialist- $3,000 sign-on bonus, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!