Impact Transporter (7854)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong, and communities are vibrant.
LSF is looking for a talented Transporter who wants to make an
impact in the lives of others.
Shifts Available: 3pm - 11pm, 5pm - 1am, 6pm -2am, 11pm - 7am
Purpose & Impact:
A Transporter typically works with at-risk children and teenagers
to provide appropriate and effective supervision and transportation
of youth when placement is not available or is not yet
- Thoroughly review referrals for supervision/transportation
which include the youth's strengths, challenges, behavioral
triggers, and personal preferences
- Ensure the safety of youth by following all proper regulations,
safety recommendations, and procedures each day
- Record information and document incidents as they occur to help
keep track of problem behaviors or unsafeconditions
- Document all interactions with youth(s)
- Act as a resource when youth need guidance or advice about
specific life situations or social issues
- Create a safe and caring environment for high-risk
- Coordinate medical or other appointments and ensure a child is
fed properly during supervision
- Maintain accurate case notes, log entries, and other necessary
- Provide transportation as needed to facilitate placement or
well-being of the child such as medical, dental, social, or
All duties are performed by the following standards:
- Treat clients, the public, and staff with courtesy, respect,
and dignity and presents a positive public image.
- Keep supervisor fully informed of activities, pertinent issues,
upcoming events, and potential problems. Demonstrate effective oral
and written communication skills in daily work.
- Support the unit, department, and/or organization and work with
others to accomplish the goals of the unit, department, and/or
- Make reasonable efforts to adhere to established safety
procedures and practices in the workarea.
- Attend training and complete all mandated training courses
focused on working with children that have experienced
- Adhere to all confidentiality.
- On-Call: Perform on-call responsibilities as assigned and carry
an active cellphone at all times during scheduled work hours.
Immediately respond to all calls.
- Must have a high level of energy, be adaptable to irregular
hours, be flexible to rotate on-call as needed, be able to travel
- Valid driver's license and appropriate auto liability insurance
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- One year of experience working with at-risk youth
- Strong personal boundaries
- Patient and compassionate
- Ability to drive both locally and throughout the state in
connection with the duties of this role
- Must be willing to work irregular hours/shifts
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide
range of populations in need.Mission-Drivenstaff members become
part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in
need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they
explore areas of interest within theorganization.
Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Largo , Impact Transporter (7854), Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!