Family Support Worker
Company: Family Support Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Department: *Case Management Services
*FSLA Status: * Non-Exempt
*Job Summary: *
The Family Support Worker (FSW) serves as a paraprofessional
employee providing transportation services to children under the
care and supervision of the State of Florida, supervises
parent-child visitations, and ancillary support services to the
Family Care Management program, including submitting referrals,
scanning, and any additional tasks as needed.
*Essential Duties: *
* Establishes and maintains an exemplary customer service standard
in the delivery of services to children, families, community
providers and other Family Care Management staff. 22.5%
* Coordinates and executes necessary transportation for children in
an efficient and timely manner. 22.5%
* The Family Support Worker is also responsible for fulfilling the
responsibilities of the Visitation Interaction Program, and
ensuring all FSW activities are documented in the FSFN database.
* Participate in on-call requirements of the Agency and procedure.
* Participates in Family Support Coordinator staff meetings as
scheduled by immediate supervisor. 22.5%
* Other Duties As needed
*Supervisory/Decision Making Authority: *
This position does not require the customary supervision and
management of 2 or more full-time employees.
Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making
decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and
performing the duties of the position.
*Contribution and Impact: *
This position will provide transportation and other support to the
case management department.
*Strategic Value: *
This position supports the goal of ensure children and families
receive services appropriate to their needs, and continuity of care
focused on resolving or preventing the issues of child abuse or
*Minimum Qualifications: *
_*Education: *_High school diploma or equivalent required.
Prior successful work-related driving experience preferred. Proven
safe driving record required. Driving records will be checked using
Motor Vehicle Records from the department of Motor Vehicles.
Familiarity with community services in the area. Prefer child
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
_Ability to: _
* Represent self and the organization in a professional manner
* Relate to wide diversity of youth and adults.
* Work independently with little direct supervision
* Think and write creatively
* Assess a situation and make appropriate recommendations/
* Research, organize and analyze data
* Solve problems and to think through critical, time sensitive
* Establish and maintain relationships
* Work collaboratively with staff at all levels in the
* Follow through on commitments, projects and responsibilities
* Communicate effectively through writing
* Speak effectively before small and large groups
* Calculate figures and amounts
* Drive long distances
* Maintain confidential information
* Work flexible schedules
* Strong Written and Verbal Communication
* Safe driving skills and practices
* Engagement, assessment, and de-escalating
* Strong follow-up and follow through
* Strong organizational and time management
* Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word
_Other Requirements: _
* Clear a Level II background screening.
* Clear a reference check (professional and personal).
* Clear a local background check from the County in which you
* Clear a substance abuse screen.
* Provide a copy of all degrees prior to your first day of
* Clear a Motor Vehicles Records check and must be insurable under
the company's automobile policy.
* Provide copy of automobile insurance.
* Provide proof of, and maintain a minimum personal auto liability
insurance level $100,000/$300,000 if deemed to be a driving
* Clear an E-Verify check to substantiate that the successful
candidate meets the Department of Homeland Security authorization
requirements to work in the United States (for more information
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* On call
* Do you have a clean driving record?
* teenagers and children: 1 year (Preferred)
* Work-related driving: 1 year (Preferred)
* Florida Driver's License (Required)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 75% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Family Support Services, Largo , Family Support Worker, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!