Youth Specialist - TEMP (7702-07)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant.LSF is
looking for talented Youth Specialist's -who wants to make an
impact in the lives of others.Purpose & Impact:Youth Services
Specialists (YSS) typically work with at-risk children and
teenagers to provideappropriate and effective supervision of youth
when placement is not available or is not yet available.
Inaddition, the supervision should assist the youth to overcome
obstacles that contribute to placementinstability.Essential
- Thoroughly review referrals for supervision which include the
youth's strengths, challenges,behavioral triggers, and personal
- Ensure the safety of youth by following all proper regulations,
safety recommendations andprocedures each day
- Record information and document incidents as they occur to help
keep track of problembehaviors or unsafe conditions
- Document all interactions with youth(s)
- Act as a resource when youth need guidance or advice about
specific life situations or socialissues
- Provide the youth their medication as directed
- Transport children as needed to identified placements and
- Create a safe and caring environment for high-risk youth
- Ensure child is fed properly during supervision
- Maintain secure and safe area(s) where the supervision is being
- Maintain accurate case notes, log entries, and other necessary
client records. Complete anincident report on any facility damage,
medical emergency, or any incident, which occurs out ofthe ordinary
daily operational functioning of the supervision shift.
- The YSS will be given direction, financial resources, and
guidance on organizing and conductingdaily/weekly outings and
structured activities for youth while under supervision
- Provide transportation as needed to facilitate placement or
well-being of the child such asmedical, dental, social, or
- Supervise visitations between children and their families
- Organize, prioritize, and complete all work assignments by the
established deadlines.All duties are performed in accordance with
the following standards:
- Courtesy: Treat customers, the public and staff with courtesy,
respect and dignity and presents apositive public image.
- Communication Skills: Keep supervisor fully informed of
activities, pertinent issues, upcoming eventsand potential
problems. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
skills in daily work.
- Teamwork: Support the unit, department and/or organization and
work with others in an effort toaccomplish the goals of the unit,
department and/or organization.
- Safety: Employee makes a reasonable effort to adhere to
established safety procedures andpractices in the work area.
- Training: Attend and successfully complete all mandated
training courses such as the PDCAssessment and successfully passes
the PDC examination, Pre-service Training. MAPP
Training,In-service, etc., within the probationary period and as
scheduled thereafter. The successfulcompletion of the Field-Based
Performance Assessment is an essential performance standardrequired
for continued employment in the class of Case Manager.
- Confidentiality: Adhere to all confidentiality rules.
- On-Call: Perform on-call responsibilities as assigned. Carry an
active cellphone at all times duringregularly scheduled work hours.
Immediately respond to all calls.Other Functions:Other duties as
- Must have a high level of energy, be adaptable to irregular
hours, be flexible to rotate on-call asneeded, be able to travel as
- Valid driver's license and appropriate auto liability insurance
required.Education:A High School Diploma or GED required. A
Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field or experienceworking
with high risk youth preferred.Experience:Two years of experience
working with at-risk youth preferred.Skills:
- Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural
and spiritual practices.
- Strong personal boundaries
- Competent writing and data entry skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to drive both locally and throughout the state in
connection with the duties of this position.Other:--- Must
demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural and
socioeconomic characteristicsand needs.--- Must be willing to work
irregular hours/shifts ranging including evenings, weekends,
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Largo , Youth Specialist - TEMP (7702-07), Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!