Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead - Bank (Remote or Hybrid)
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Purpose of JobUSAA is looking for a talented Business Risk and
Controls Advisor Lead - Bank to work in a Remote (work from home)
or Hybrid work environment. Promotes risk-awareness and the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting
business leader adherence to the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls; including, risk and
control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory
exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk
exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Manages
risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied
to first line of defense.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what
it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions
of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk
and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives including but not
limited to: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory
reporting and filing, document governance, risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product
controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Applies a holistic understanding of risk and regulatory
compliance to includes business strategies and solutions.
- Responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report
preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and
anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to
enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk
and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional
areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution and
leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members
and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to
ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree (12 years total).
- 8 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
activities in a financial services operating environment or other
relevant industry; OR 8 years of experience in a relevant
quantitative discipline; OR Advanced degree or designation in a
risk management or quantitative discipline, and 6 years of
experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities; OR
PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of
experience supporting risk and/or compliance related
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable
guidance to include: GLBA, BSA/AML, REG W, FRA 23A&B/TPRM, OCC
Heightened Standards, HOLA.When you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Strong business process expertise and 8+ years' experience
identifying specific risks and risk themes through in-depth
analysis of processes and process inventories.
- 2+ years' experience developing and maintaining Process
- 4+ years' experience managing Process, Risk, and Controls
Inventory (PRCI) activities.
- 4+ years' experience conducting Risk and Control
- 4+ years' Business Process Management experience or process
certification, such as Business Process Management (BPM), Lean Six
Sigma, Business Process Analysis, etc.
- 4+ years' Project management or Agile experience and/or
certification, such as Project Management Professional (PMP),
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO),
etc.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is:
$106,800-192,300*.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Largo , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead - Bank (Remote or Hybrid), Other , Seminole, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!