EHS-Expectant Parent Program Specialist
Pinellas Head Start / Early Head Start
Located in Largo, FL
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where
children are safe, families are strong and communities are
Since 1982, Lutheran Services Florida has been providing and
sharing solutions to protect Florida’s most vulnerable. Today, we
are one of the largest nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50
Floridians with a wide range of services, including:
- early childhood education
- refugee and immigration
- mental health and substance abuse
- juvenile justice
- child welfare
LSF is looking for a talented EHS-Expectant Parent Program
Specialist who wants to make an impact in the lives of others.
Purpose & Impact
The purpose of the EHS-Expectant Parent Program Specialist
supports and assists expectant parents and birth parents as they
identify and meet their own goals through a family-centered case
management model for developing and carrying out the program family
partnership agreements., including responsibility for child files,
enrollment/applications, etc. Assists with the completion of
the child health requirements and other required screenings and
assessments. Participates in the EHS Quality Assurance
A Day in the Life of a EHS-Expectant Parent Program
- Coordinates with center staff to integrate expectant parents
and birth parents partnership goals with classroom efforts and to
ensure integrated child and family curriculum.
- Participates in team management functions of planning,
implementing and evaluating family and community engagement goals
- Participates in in-service, workshops, conferences and college
courses to enhance skills.
- Recruits prospective families and assists with enrollment
- Works cooperatively with local agencies to assist families to
linkup with services in the local community.
- Assists with the completion of the child health screening,
other required screenings and assessments and is familiar with
- Conducts and documents follow-up on all referrals.
- While respecting family confidentiality, regularly shares
information with teachers to ensure coordinated services that meet
the needs of individual children and families.
- Provides health, safety and family literacy activities to
parents, as appropriate.
- Develops a working knowledge of community resources, and
visits, at least annually, with major agencies for service delivery
updates and community resource guide updates.
- Attends parent/teacher conferences as requested.
- Ensures an appropriate written transition plan is prepared for
all children, six months prior to their third birthday.
- Documents all efforts to assist families, tracks family
partnership efforts and outcomes, records, monitors and follows up
on referrals, and submits reports as required. Attends all
workshops and meetings as deemed necessary by the supervisor
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times with respect to
Head Start/Early Head Start children, families and staff in
accordance with established policies and procedures, including the
ability to recognize situations in which confidentiality is
- Other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds. Reasonable
accommodation may be made for otherwise qualified persons with
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D.
required. Associates or higher degree preferred in Social
Work or Human Services or related human services field.
At least one year of experience working with children and
families in a social services environment. Early Head Start
experience preferred. Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or
English and other languages present in the local area.
Also required: Certification in First Aid and CPR within six
months of the date assigned to this position; and successful
completion of a Level II background screening and drug screening
prior to hiring.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of
social work and human behavior.
- Knowledge of human development and health.
- Knowledge of social services and health services available in
- Knowledge of computer data entry processes.
- Knowledge of family-centered practices.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions orally and in
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Abilitys to speak to community groups and provide public
information to inform the community about the services
- Ability to speak before groups of individuals, such as
Committees and Staff meetings.
- Ability to calculate amounts by adding, subtracting,
multiplying, dividing and figuring percentages.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make recommendations and develop implementation
- Basic computer skills.
Why work for LSF?
Ability to Make an Impact in Multiple Areas
LSF offers several programs, spanning across a wide range of
populations in need. This gives our team members an opportunity to
learn and potentially work in programs outside of their direct
area. Either way, members of the LSF family will play a
part in transforming the lives of those in need.
A career at LSF means working and learning alongside talented
professionals in a dynamic and inclusive environment. The values of
our organization – OPEN-MINDED, COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY
and HONESTY – drives each one of us.
People working at Lutheran Services Florida treat each other
like family. Whether you work on the front lines or work in an
office, you share a common bond that is felt throughout the
Because of the variety of programs we offer throughout Florida,
team members have the option to explore areas of interest in other
programs or grow within their existing program/department.
Amazing benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- Paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
- LifeMart Employee Discount Program
Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage
Lutheran Services Florida is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug free workplace.
Lutheran Services Florida Children & Head Start
3230 Commerce Place, Suite A West Palm Beach,