Manufacturing Engineer ll (2nd shift)
Company: CONMED Corporation
Posted on: June 7, 2021
ConMed's Sustaining Engineering team is seeking to hire an
Engineer II to support manufacturing operations in Largo, FL.
As a Manufacturing Engineer II, you will focus on increasing
capacity, reducing scrap, improving safety, monitoring existing
processes, identify and implement process improvements in a medical
device reprocessing environment.
We want YOU to join our team if you are:
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who
naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes
finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and
insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced
environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is
complete and meets regulations and expectations.
In your role, you will:
- Design manufacturing systems and processes for the improvement
of existing products, including documentation supporting these
systems and processes that result in the highest quality product at
the lowest cost.
- Be able to apply Lean principles and Six Sigma problem solving
techniques to manufacturing and ancillary processes.
- Manage small to medium scale projects and oversee the tasks of
junior engineers and subcontractors as required.
- Be knowledgeable about Design for Manufacturability, Assembly
and Test and able to clearly analyze and communicate
manufacturability, cost and quality tradeoffs.
- Work with design engineers to ensure all product and system
requirements are taken into account from the initial product
conception to finished result.
- Identify or conceptualize, purchase and qualify new equipment,
tools and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Develop and monitor preventative maintenance plans for
manufacturing equipment or tools.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective action related to
non-conforming material and customer complaint investigations and
- Research, test and implement alternative materials, processes
or suppliers when required.
- Be knowledgeable about and comply with regulatory requirements
in the medical device industry.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (industrial engineering,
mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical
engineering and/or chemical engineering)
- 2+ years related experience
- Manufacturing continuous process improvement and applying lean
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid
fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for
dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock
purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate
and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action
Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the
ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option
Keywords: CONMED Corporation, Largo , Manufacturing Engineer ll (2nd shift), Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!