Delivery Route Driver
Company: ENCOMPASS PET GROUP LLC
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Choice Pet Products, a growing distributor leader of
high-quality pet food products and toys located in Palmetto, FL, is
looking for a Delivery Driver preferably with 1+ years of delivery
experience in route driving. You should be adept in the full
delivery process, including good communication to allow resolution
of customer inquiries and requests. We offer a 4-day extended hour
work week, great training, a loyal base of customers, and the
support of management to drive positive relations with
- Delivers high-quality products to our customers in a safe,
courteous, and timely manner.
- Inspects delivery vehicles and ensures the safety and security
of the loading and unloading process.
- Loading & unloading freight at shipping and receiving locations
dock using common warehouse tools (manual pallet jack, two-wheel
- Establishes and maintains outstanding relations with delivery
- Reviews and verifies invoices and packing lists to ensure
- Determines placement of merchandise, follows safety and lifting
protocols during deliveries, and conducts safety reviews.
- Maintains delivery logs and records.
Work Hours & Benefits
- Pay Range $18 - $25 per hour depending on driving experience
and qualifications / certifications
- Opportunity for a $1,000 bonus after six (6) months of
- Drivers typical work week will consist of four (4) days of
extended hour operation Tuesday Friday with occasional Saturday
deliveries for special circumstances.
- Typical day begins at 7:00 AM with extended hours during the
week depending on routing and delivery distances. Ability to flex
schedule as needs arise is a critical component for success.
Overtime may be required from time to time.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Eligible for Medical / Dental benefits
- Historical record of annual company profit-sharing
Opportunity to purchase company offered products at reduced
Delivery Driver Qualifications / Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability and willingness to operate standard material handling
- Ability to use GPS for route determination and adherence
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly for loading /
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid drivers license
- Air brake certification preferred (will be required for job
- Clean driving record
- CDL preferred
- Must be willing to work in a pet friendly environment
Keywords: ENCOMPASS PET GROUP LLC, Largo , Delivery Route Driver, Other , Palmetto, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!