Medical Assistant III
Company: Healthcare Partners
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for performing patient-oriented procedures under the
direction and supervision of a clinician, RN, or LVN to ensure safe
and appropriate patient care; assists the clinician with minor
surgical procedures; performs a broad spectrum of clerical and
administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate DaVita Medical Group's commitment to superior customer
service, including quality, care, and concern with internal and
- Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients'
protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Anticipates the clinician's needs and carries out orders
- Checks for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from
waiting area to exam rooms. Escorts patients to ancillary services
- Obtains, records, and reports vital signs and other pertinent
patient information to RN, LVN, or clinician.
- Performs various procedures such as ear lavage, ECG,
spirometry, injections, peak flows, pulse oximetry, breathing
treatments, suture removals, wound dressings, vision/hearing tests,
urine pregnancy tests, urine dips, blood glucose testing, and blood
hemoglobin (hemocue) testing.
- Performs phlebotomy and processes lab specimens (i.e., 24 hour
urine, wound cultures obtained by clinician, biopsy specimens
obtained by clinician, etc.) and maintains lab specimen logs as
- Assists clinician with procedures (pap smears, laceration
repairs, other minor surgical procedures) and may assists with more
complex department specific specialty procedures (i.e. vasectomies,
cystoscopies, thoracentesis, sigmoidoscopies, bunionectomies, joint
aspirations, lance surgery, photo therapy, visual fields,
pachymetry testing, etc.).
- Performs medication administration within scope of practice and
documents administration of medications and procedures. Ensures
proper documentation of medication administration and documentation
- Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas, specimen processing
areas, and medical equipment. Transports dirty equipment, performs
autoclaving and cold sterilization, and maintains autoclave, cidex,
and A-test logs. Cleans and stocks exam rooms, treatment/procedure
rooms, specimen processing areas, and nursing stations.
- Maintains various logs and tickler files and ensures confirmed
EKGs are seen by clinician. Maintains cancer/melanoma patients'
follow up appointments.
- Instructs patient on lab, radiology, and other
procedure/testing preparations. Participates in visit closure with
patient and clinician by explaining next steps for lab, x-ray, RFS,
- Facilitates the transfer of pertinent patient information
between site and referred specialists, hospitals, Urgent Care
Centers, and ancillary testing facilities, etc. Forwards all pre-op
information to hospital surgeon. Participates in scheduling
specialty procedures (biopsies, minor surgeries, etc.).
- Tracks specialty procedures/patient volume on a daily basis
- Verifies with DaVita Medical Group Connect for approved or
denied appointments and follows up by scheduling patients. Enters
"No shows", and performs "No Show" follow up procedures. Works bump
- Assists with the completion of appropriate forms (DMV,
- Updates patient demographic information.
- Performs patient record audits.
- Answers, directs, and follows up on incoming calls. Calls
patients as requested by clinician.
- Distributes incoming correspondence (faxes, consult notes, test
- Handles prescription refills as appropriate.
- Completes Patient Communication form and responds to patient
complaints when necessary.
- Assists with Pay for Performance (P4P) research, Hierarchical
Condition Categories (HCC) research, telephone call procedures, and
patient follow up procedures.
- Participates in Quality Improvement projects.
- Participates in preparing department for internal and external
site audits from SCAN, DHS, etc.
- Participates regularly in skills competency evaluations.
Participates regularly in site staff and department meetings.
- Cross-trains into Care Team Member 1 and 2 positions when
- May assist with site marketing activities (i.e. health fairs,
senior Olympics, and other events).
- Maintains an independent patient schedule under the direct
supervision of a clinician.
- Functions as the department mentor, trainer and resource by
orienting new employees and coordinating staff schedules and
- Identifies and resolves daily department issues and concerns
and escalates to supervisor when necessary.
- Participates in the development of department policies and
- Minimum: 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree
from a two-year college.
- Minimum: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant
- Minimum: Phlebotomy certificate.
- Minimum: Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers" (AHA) or
"CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer" (American Red Cross).
- Preferred: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred.
- Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience.
- Preferred: 1 year of previous Medical Assistant work
- Preferred: Over 1 year of experience in a specialty field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate basic medication administration
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of infection control standards and utilization of
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to perform essential job functions using proper body
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Computer literate (i.e., logging on to computer, usage of
keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows and email
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability
to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and
affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida,
Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading
independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over
two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based
medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017,
DaVita Medical Group's teammates, employed clinicians and
affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million
patients. DaVita Medical Group's leadership development initiatives
and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune,
Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. As such, DaVita Medical Group makes hiring decisions
solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without
regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita Medical Group will consider qualified applicants who have
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
Keywords: Healthcare Partners, Largo , Medical Assistant III, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!