Meat & Seafood Clerk (Part Time)
Company: Earth Fare, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Summary: The Meat and Seafood Clerk is responsible for
upholding Earth Fares Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer
Service Creed, while adhering to the departments Standard Operating
Procedures. They work independently and in a team to ensure the
Meat and Seafood Department is well stocked, clean, organized,
rotated, and merchandised appropriately. They deliver exceptional
customer service while being a valuable asset of product knowledge
within the department.
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures
and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer
service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and
professional work environment. Explain to customer how EF products
are different from conventional.
- Operational Tasks: Preparation of specialty merchandise e.g.,
sausage, ready to cook products, and cured meats. Follow
established Weights and Measures procedures (TARES). Maintain
overall appearance of and replenish ice in display case. Utilize
proper rotation in case. Set and maintain meat and seafood case and
display. Package, weigh, and price merchandise. Comply with all
applicable Health and Safety Codes. Catalogs and codes invoices,
maintains department stock levels, and provides excellent product
knowledge and service to customers. Verifies proper signage and
pricing of items in the department. Assists Meat and Seafood
Manager with inventory counts. Attends department and store
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by
implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the
Meat and Seafood Manager.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and
overall organization of the department including all fixtures,
storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and
Team Members at all times.
- Basic knowledge of meat cuts and cooking techniques.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while
completing necessary duties within the department.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal
instruction from the Meat and Seafood Manager and other store
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous
equipment (knives, miscellaneous utensils, etc.)
- Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner
and food scale.
- Desire to learn to cut meat into sub primals.
- Demonstrated ability in knife handling, other cutting equipment
and safety procedures.
- Skilled in cutting whole chicken into standard parts; and
simple cuts for other meats
- Knowledge of living conditions of animals and ability to
educate the public on these issues.
- Ability to explain various cooking techniques.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights,
weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the
same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant
state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors,
coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented
- Earth Fare experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired
through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience, which provide an
applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer
- May work in environments of extreme cold.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item
weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of
the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the
Keywords: Earth Fare, Inc, Largo , Meat & Seafood Clerk (Part Time), Other , Seminole, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!