Company: Royal Palms
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Royal Palms is an active Independent, Senior Living Community,
offering a resort-style atmosphere, in the heart of Largo. Come
join our team of talented professionals!
To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a
sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring,
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare and cook hot
and cold food in accordance with current applicable federal, state,
and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with our
established policies and procedures, as well as sanitation,
ordering, scheduling, setting menus, overall supervision of kitchen
and as may be directed by the supervisor and/or Director of
Culinary Operations, to assure that quality food service is
provided at all times.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
- Review menus prior to preparation of food. Prepare meals in
accordance with planned menus, standards, and recipes. Meals must
be palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is
served to the resident. Serve food in accordance with established
portion control procedures. Prepare food for therapeutic diets in
accordance with planned menus. Prepare food in accordance with
standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing
necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance
with established policies.
- Assist in establishing food service timelines to assure that
meals are prepared timely.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse
foods served according to policy.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, and
- Meet federal and state in-service requirements.
- Lead the kitchen staff in duties and tasks as necessary.
Safety and Sanitation
- Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations
including hand hygiene as well as with established policies and
- Ensure that the work area is maintained in a clean and safe
manner. Ensure that necessary equipment and supplies are
Equipment and Supply Functions
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily
- Assist in inventorying and correct storage of incoming food,
supplies, etc., as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents,
family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the
- Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally
upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner
that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors,
employees, residents, and families.
- Culinary background and experience.
- Prefer 6 months experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Must be knowledgeable in cooking variety of foods in large
- Must be knowledgeable of culinary practices, procedures, and
- Prefer Serve Safe Certification or Food Handlers
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Royal Palms, Largo , Cook, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!