Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Risk Analyst I Mid Level (Governance)
for our Plano, TX, San Antonio, TX, or Tampa, FL facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control
and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through
appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise
and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors
the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge
to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are
kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the
appropriate governance bodies.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGKT_Nxdgc) (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APwPQizcENY) (31 seconds)
* Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify,
assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks
associated with new or modified products, services, distribution
channels, regulations and third-party operations.
* Communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
* Contributes to the implementation of new risk policies,
practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding
and management of risks according to industry best practice.
* Enhances strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
* Applies working knowledge to assess data and produce
analytical insights to understand business objectives, drive
risk-based business decisions and influence solution
* Effectively contributes in cross-functional teams to identify,
assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
* Provides oversight of risk through documentation review,
assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and use
* Supports the formulation of scenario analysis and/or stress
test plans, including the evaluation of results, and framing of
contingency plans in partnership with key business
* Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond
the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* A minimum of 4 years (8 years if no degree) of risk
management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant
functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services,
audit, project management, public accounting or other related
operational area; Or advanced degree/designation in Risk
Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk
management and 2 years work of experience in a discipline relevant
to risk management; Or PhD in Risk Management, Business, Finance,
or other discipline relevant to risk management.
* Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools
and applicable systems.
* Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or
highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance and/or
* Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and
ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and
influence business outcomes.
* Ability to effectively work with both internal and external
partners in a highly collaborative environment.
* Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include
demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions.
* Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including
Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Experience working in Risk Management at a Large Financial
* Experience developing risk governance framework documents
(policies, standards, and procedures)
* Experience in management of financial or non-financial
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire
or date of placement) or must have managers approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
10/06/20 by 11:59 pm CST time .