Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Senior Virtualization and
Storage Systems Administrator to be part of a team responsible for
supporting the development and maintenance of a custom IT network.
This role responsible for effective provisioning,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems
hardware and software related to a VMware infrastructure both
physical and virtual. Additionally, this role will assist the team
with administrating and monitoring the IT network.
* Installation, configuration, and maintenance of VMware ESXi
host, vSphere, Horizon (VDI) environment, and plug-ins.
* Monitoring of virtualized performance metrics and responding
to those metrics.
* Deployment of new virtual infrastructures.
* Data store and resource management.
* Maintaining zero client configurations.
* Managing vCenter roles and permissions
* Maintaining security and integrity controls.
* Support the organization of incidents, problems and changes to
the service efficiently and effectively following the agreed and
* Guide and implement updates and patches when required.
* Assist the team with system administration and
Required Technical Skills:
* In-depth experience deploying VMWare products and managing a
* Experience with typical VMware products (vSphere, vCenter,
ESXi) and overall virtualization implementations.
* Experience with VMware server installation, configuration,
management, performance monitoring and tuning of virtual machines
on ESXi servers.
* Experience creating VM deployment templates and automation
* Experience with additional VMware applications (Horizon View,
* Experience with high availability and performance for
* Background in Systems Administration using Windows desktop and
server operating systems (7/2008R2 and newer).
* Experience with various computing hardware and software
platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS
* Ability to travel (CONUS) up to 10% of the time.
* A current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required.
* Must be able to attain and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II
certification (CISSP or Security+ preferred).
* VMware VCP certification or other industry-recognized
certification relevant to a virtualized administrator.
* Understanding of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network
Attached Storage (NAS) devices. Desired Technical Skills:
* Experience installing, configuring, hardening, and maintaining
Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to
operating systems and COTS applications.
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including GPO
management, DNS, OU management, etc.
* Understanding of Active Directory Site and Services,
Replication and Domain/Forest hierarchies.
* Experience hardening Windows platforms via GPOs using STIGs or
other system hardening baselines.
* Thorough understanding of basic network engineering
fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, sub-netting,
TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.
* Experience using and troubleshooting Windows Server Update
* Knowledge of Service Management disciplines engagement,
design, delivery and maintenance lifecycles in a high technology or
IT services domain.
* UNIX, automation, storage devices, scripting
Key responsibilities and soft skills for the qualified candidate
* Working with other engineers to brainstorm solutions to
* Willingness to learn new technologies and applications as
* Thorough passion for the cyber security industry.
* Demonstrated experience implementing computer security.
* Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to
support securing information systems.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
Must be a self-starter with initiative.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.