Solution Architect - Remote
Posted on: September 14, 2020
The ConMed IT organization is seeking an energetic Solution
Architect professional. In this role, they would have
responsibility for recommending technology solutions to solve
business problems, developing Technology roadmaps and for creating
standards for Architecture within IT. The Solution Architect will
work closely with various business professionals, Business
Technology Partners, and a variety of other IT analysts and subject
matter experts to deliver business technology with speed, quality
and at the best possible cost.
The individual must be a self-starter with strong communication,
organizational, and influencing skills who will work to become a
trusted advisor within IT and to the business.
* Solutioning for enterprise and business/function-specific
* This includes the reuse and best leverage of existing solution
platforms to meet newly identified business problems / use
* Identification, evaluation, comparison, and selection of new
technology platforms, as needed
* Producing solution standards in consideration of the systems,
information, and integration needs at ConMed
* Contributing to the overall architecture practice / enterprise
* On-going guidance of ConMed business and IT projects toward the
adherence to ConMed solution standards and roadmaps.
* Analyze new project-level application architecture needs and
recommend solutions and migration strategies compliant with future
state enterprise application architecture, and adhering to any
established principles & standards.
* Partner with the Business Technology Partner function to
understand overall business context and project specific
requirements to drive the best value at best possible cost
* Partner with other IT disciplines to ensure architecture is
workable from end-user, build, and maintenance perspectives.
* Recommend which core technologies should be used as standards and
which should be avoided
* Working with Business and IT Stakeholders, identification,
evaluate, compare, and select new technology platforms.
* Build and maintain application roadmaps for existing applications
in cooperation with other architecture disciplines
* Communicate when a core technology in use will need replaced
* Initiate application upgrade projects well in advance of
* Actively participate in the development and evolution of
architecture standards that enable the usability, security,
extensibility, reliability, availability, scalability, integration,
and manageability of applications. Account for external data such
as industry direction, technology advances, etc.
* Solution recommendations and standards must comply with relevant
regulations, including SOX, 21 CFR Part 11, HIPAA, data privacy
* Analyze existing project-level application architectures, detect
critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement
compliant with future state enterprise application
* Develop discrete decision criteria for software from an
* Guide ConMed business and IT projects toward the adherence to
ConMed solution standards and roadmaps.
* Assist with the development and evolution of the software
development lifecycle processes and standards.
* Assist with processes and measures required for testing new and
* Provide training to relevant parties on standards and
* Understand and remain current on innovations in IT and the
medical device industry, and evolve architecture and strategy as is
* Partner with IT staff to translate and incorporate architecture
across solutions. Ensure that architecture is applied as
* Bachelor s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science,
engineering, business administration or related discipline. A
Master s degree is a plus.
* Minimum of twelve (12) years experience working as a technical
subject matter expert, with a minimum of 5 years of experience
working as a solutions architect across technology platforms.
* Medical Device industry experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated experience in a technologically challenging
* Consulting experience preferred
* 0-20% travel
* Business acumen understanding of business operations & customer
* Demonstrated experience building Technology roadmaps /
collaborating with other architecture disciplines in doing so
* Effective communication skills for large, multi-national
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including
collaboration, influencing & aligning.
* Relationship building.
* Consulting skills
* Must demonstrate expertise with applying abstract concepts to
analyze and develop solutions in support of business goals, and
with communicating complex, abstract concepts. Must have extremely
strong interpersonal skills, specifically in leadership, persuasion
and communication across a multi-national organization. Must have
exceptional problem-solving, troubleshooting, planning and
organizational skills. Must possess a demonstrated understanding of
business issues and governance and how systems integrate on an
enterprise-wide basis to address such issues.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid
fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar
up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at
discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action
Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the
ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option
Keywords: CONMED, Largo , Solution Architect - Remote, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!