Mgr III Software Engrg
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Are you a dynamic and experienced software engineering manager
interested in an opportunity to work in the Largo, FL area? Then
join our team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable
the freedoms we enjoy.
We are looking for a Software Section Manager to help with the
continued success of our products, by leading and directing
engineers who are developing the next generation systems. Every day
at Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) our extraordinary engineers are
empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive
environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted,
superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking
for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software
Engineering Center team in Largo, FL.
SAS is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and
electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and
timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield.
You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology
for SAS by day, while in your free time you can explore the many
cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make Largo and the
Tampa Bay area so unique.
SAS offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation,
career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal
and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup
care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this
position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with our professionals around the country who thrive
in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees.
You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative
workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through
thought and teamwork.
As a Software Section Manager, typical job functions
- Managing a mid-sized team (typically 10 -20 employees)
consisting of experienced professionals and more junior employees
with focus on technical excellence, execution &
- Leading, directing and reviewing the work of the team while
respecting the team member's ability to exercise latitude and
- Managing staffing, hiring, promotion and rewards within the
- Providing technical input to new products, processes and
standards and ensuring that new approaches are implemented by the
- Communicating with external customers or vendors.
- Work with other disciplines in the creation of proposals by
supplying software cost estimations and technical input.
- Practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of
projects, including work scheduling, staffing, earn-value
management, software cost estimation, prioritizing, coaching and
- 10+ years of work related knowledge in software design,
implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean development techniques.
- BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in
Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Software development experience with C, C++, or related
- An existing SECRET Clearance.
- Experience spanning the design, implementation, testing, and
integration of real-time embedded software
- Experience as a Software Project Lead, Product Owner or Scrum
- Ability to solve technical problems through drawing from prior
experience and analysis of issues.
- Ability to work with hardware and systems engineering to solve
- Previous experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY,
SYSBIOS, or other RTOS and associated IDEs and development
- Experience leading teams and mentoring junior engineers.
- Knowledgeable in Communication Systems or similar domains.
- Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering,
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Math, Physics or related field. 155804Raytheon is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Largo , Mgr III Software Engrg, Other , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!