Manager II Information Systems Technology - Engineering Solutions
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) has an opening for a
Principal Information Systems Technologist. Come join and be an
integral member of the Space and Airborne Systems IT Engineering
Solutions (ES) supporting the Systems Engineering (SE) Discipline
Lead in the direction, management and overall operations of the
Systems Engineering team, which supports the requirements
management, architecture, math & analysis, modeling & simulations,
IV&V, and specialty engineering capabilities. Duties in this
fast-paced, high visibility position include engineering customer
engagement/relationship management, goal setting, financial
management, staffing, setting team operational priorities, and
acting as the Product Owner of this SAFe team.
This position will directly engage Engineering leadership/directors
in new initiatives and opportunities and then participate in
technical supplier management to interface with key suppliers to
address Raytheons needs for product capabilities and influencing
their product direction.
The candidate must be an effective communicator with a successful
track record of technical leadership. The candidate should have an
excellent working knowledge of Systems Engineering processes and
applications, and have the ability to insert and integrate
applications into programs. If you are passionate about optimizing
program cycle time and engineering productivity by delivering world
class solutions and support comprised of integrated tools,
technology, expertise and processes, then this is the job for
Ensure the six ES services are integrated and delivering results to
enable and support Raytheon Systems engineers.
- Operate as Product Owner of the IT System Engineering Agile
- Ensure team responsiveness to customer help desk tickets.
- Act as stakeholder for daily team SCRUM meetings, ensuring that
team priorities are correct and impediments are quickly
- Build relationships with lead Systems engineers to develop and
deliver integrated engineering solutions and services.
- Participate in (and lead where appropriate) engineering
improvement initiatives (e.g. MBE, IV&V).
- Champion the deployment of new and existing integrated Systems
Engineering solutions, and toolchains, and consult with programs on
- Identify, document, and champion automation best practices and
improvements which help productivity
- Engage strategic vendors for Systems Engineering technology
evaluations and improvements which will address Raytheon needs.
- Location: El Segundo CA, Galatyn TX, Aurora CO, Marlborough MA,
Fort Wayne IN, Largo FL
- Minimum 8+ years experience in roles of increasing technical
leadership in Engineering or IT
- Experience in the application of engineering tools/solutions in
two or more of the following Systems and Software Engineering
- Requirements Management,
- Math & Analysis, Modeling & Simulation,
- Specialty engineering,
- Integrated Software Development Design,
- Configuration Management,
- Advanced Analysis & Test
- Customer engagement/relationship experience or prior consulting
- Experience with Agile or Model Based Engineering practices,
tools, and methods.
- Experience working in a multi-site environment including
facilitating cross organizational solutions in response to diverse
- Self-directed with demonstrated ability to organize and provide
technical leadership for a diverse (both geographic and technical)
- Team building and motivational skills; able to develop and
maintain working relationships at all levels of the organization
including customer, program, and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including
presentation and negotiation skills, preparing management level
briefings and summary explanations.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will
require the ability to access US only data systems; Ability to
obtain Secret clearance and possibly additionally SAP (Special
Access Program) clearances.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Program experience in roles of increasing technical leadership
- Experience managing a team including holding performance
reviews, addressing individual development needs as necessary,
planning and maintaining proper staffing levels, and attrition
- Team budget and labor charges
- Detailed working knowledge (including day to day use on a
program) of Requirements Management, Architecture/Modeling &
Design, and IV&V Tools (e.g. DOORS, Rational Team Concert,
Rational Quality Manager, Rational Rhapsody).
- Systems, Software, and IV&V Engineering Processes and
Integrated Product Development Process (IPDP), best practices, and
work instructions expertise.
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Computer Science/Software Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical
147017BR 147017Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Largo , Manager II Information Systems Technology - Engineering Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!