Senior Computer System Administrator - RHEL (Linux), St. Pete FL
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Senior Computer System Administrator - RHEL (Linux)Raytheon
Missiles & DefenseDigital Technology (IT)St. Petersburg, FLA great
opportunity for job seekers with IT Systems Administration &
Defense industry experience. Join our Raytheon Technologies DT/ IT
Team!About UsAt Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast
resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to
solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges -
together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger
impact on the big picture.Job SummaryRaytheon Technologies Missiles
& Defense Digital Technology has an immediate opening for a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Administrator to join our team of qualified
and diverse individuals. The qualified candidate will work with
technical engineers in building and supporting the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment and developing automation
strategies in support of digital technology operations. This
position is based in St. Petersburg, FL (Relocation eligible per
company policy).Our preferred candidate has well-rounded, hands-on
experience who is able to analyze requirements, provide operational
support, Identify and fix problems within existing systems, design
and implement new systems, support operating system and application
installation, configuration, upgrades and patching.Responsibilities
- Build, configure, and administrate all aspects of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4/5/6/7/8
- Must be able to apply security hardness according to DISA STIG
- Build, configure, and administrate Red Hat Satellite Server
- Be able to export/import Satellite repository from connected
networks to multiple disconnected networks.
- Familiar with Ansible and be able to deploy playbooks via the
Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Manage users and group accordingly.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and management of
different database management systems.
- Provide assistance in managing the existing VMware
- Updating and Managing the Customer specific golden RHEL
- Provide planned and unplanned after-hours support
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through
systems monitoring and infrastructure management.
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and runs diagnostic tests
on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Interfacing with vendors for trouble calls.
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and
performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational
documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our
- Maintain and grow technical competence in multiple areas (such
as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS,
system imaging/build automation)
- Ensuring that all the Information Assurance (IA) software
security patches and version and virus signature file updates are
up to date
- Maintenance of system and data security processes and
applications such as virus scanning, auditing, collection of audit
logs, system scripts and data collections scripts
- Running periodic system and data security scans, backups and
recovery tasks as required per published system administration
- Assisting in development and update of system administration
- Supporting Disaster Recovery and incident response exercises as
- Ensuring that configuration changes follow the change approval
processQualifications you Must Have:
- 5+ years System Administration experience supporting production
environments. (Linux environment)
- Bachelor's degree or additional 1 years of System
Administration experience may be substituted for each 1 year of
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, LXC).
- Experience implementing LUKS.
- Build RedHat KickStart configurations and perform
server/workstation installations with KickStart.
- Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or other
server/configuration management tool.
- Proficient in creating Ansible playbooks to automate operations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Red Hat Satellite v6 or
- Experienced with patch management using Yum or YaST.
- Willingness to travel (
- Current DoD 8570 certifications (e.g. Security + CE, CISSP,
- An active and in-scope Secret US security
clearanceQualifications we Value:
- Experience with application build automation tools like
Jenkins, and Git.
- Knowledge of and operational experience with methodologies
related to Agile and DevOps.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver
- Ability to produce thorough and effective technical
- STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) experience.
- SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) experience.
- Strong adaptability (changing priorities).
- Experience with Performance tuning and monitoring (i.e.,
- Knowledge of DevOps and continuous integration (CI) and
continuous delivery (CD) or modern application frameworks.
- RMF (Risk Management Framework) knowledge.
- VMWare / vSphere / ESXi experience.
- NetApp experience.
- Tenable / Nessus experience.
- McAfee / HBSS / ePO experience.
- Symantec knowledge.
- Splunk knowledge.
- Ivanti Endpoint Security Device Control knowledge.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Certified System
Administrator (RHCSA) preferred.What We Offer:Whether you're just
starting out on your career journey or are an experienced
professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes
above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.187051Raytheon is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, Largo , Senior Computer System Administrator - RHEL (Linux), St. Pete FL, IT / Software / Systems , Seminole, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!