Company: Ultra Global Business Services
Posted on: November 19, 2020
POSITION: Technical Trainer
LOCATION: Largo, FL
JOB ID: 303
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Ultra Forensic Technology is seeking a bilingual (English and
Spanish) technical customer Trainer. Reporting to the Training
Manager, the incumbent is responsible for delivering training on
our proprietary systems to clients throughout the world.
* Deliver training on our proprietary system in classrooms and/or
at client sites.
* Administer post-training testing to our clients to ensure that
student learning has met course objectives.
* Continue own training and development to ensure that the skill
set remains updated.
* Deliver training on proprietary system to internal customers, as
* Participate in courseware and training tool conception.
* Apply new technologies to deliver courses and improve the
learning experience for users (distance learning, interactive
eLearning, blended training).
* Knows and uses the principles of learning adults.
External/Internal Customer Focus
* Strives to understand evolving internal customer realities and
find appropriate solutions.
* Listens to customers' needs, questions, and provides solutions -
even if it is not related to the course curriculum.
* Is up to date and expert-level on product knowledge and GUI.
* Is efficient with the use of tools used by the department.
* Brings personal contribution to the team to jointly achieve
excellence. Is respected and trusted by peers.
* Is reliable and is seen as the "go to" person on the team because
of highly collaborative style.
* Has a positive influence
* Is able to transform ideas into productive and concrete action
and create successful outcomes by sharing knowledge and information
within the work unit and across organizational lines. This includes
mentoring others, building relationships key to success by
establishing trust, credibility and rapport with key players and
* Builds relationships in order to influence others within and
across client groups with recognized credibility. Is seen by others
as confident, knowledgeable, and trustworthy.
Group Moderator Abilities
* Understands and controls the group dynamics.
* Uses discussion as a learning method
* Stimulates engagement of trainees
* Promote good relations between participants.
* Is able to speak in public clearly and maintain listeners'
interest in topic.
* Can adjust language to suit the audience.
* Use interpersonal skills to develop trust with users.
* Reacts in difficult situations.
* Willing to communicate and train in English and Spanish
* Associates Degree or higher in engineering, forensics, or a
related technical field; Equivalent work experience to be
* 5+ years of experience as a technical trainer preferably in a
* 5+ years of experience in adult training within a technical
* 5+ years of experience in designing technical course content.
* Ability to obtain government clearance by the US Bureau of
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Clearances are
generally granted to US Citizens.
* Knowledge and/or experience in forensic science and/or
* Willing to also train in Portuguese is highly desired.
* Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
* Willingness to work irregular shifts and weekends when traveling,
* Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint).
* Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical
* Willingness to work well with minimum supervision.
* Willing to act as a coach.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has
excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties
and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements
and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The
requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, or abilities.
Ultra specialises in providing application-engineered bespoke
solutions. We focus on our customers mission critical and
intelligent systems in the defence, security, critical detection &
control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on
many of the world s long-term military programmes. We employ over
4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock
Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and
occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3
(Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and
commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We
use both research and development, to provide innovative, mission
specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer s most
complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website:
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS
OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS
PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON
THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS
BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AND FOR INQUIRING ABOUT,
DISCUSSING OR DISCLOSING COMPENSATION. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS
REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS
WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Global Business Services, Largo , Technical Trainer, IT / Software / Systems , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!