Cashier - Prince George's Community College
Company: Apertus Partners
Posted on: September 25, 2018
The Cashier operates a cash register, thanks customers for their business, handles minor complaints, maintains guest check records, assists servers with summary sheets as applicable, maintains the appearance of the facility entrances, and may replenish the restroom supplies.BASIC SKILLS:
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve minor complaints
- Refer any major complaints to the on-site Manager or Director.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for a normal shift, no more than 8 hours.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action. SOCIAL SKILLS:
- Greet all customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Thank customers for their business.
- Inform customers of any upcoming specials.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Teaching others how to do something.
- Encourage repeat business. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Managing one's own time.
- Eliminate waster wherever possible.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to perform specific tasks. TASKS:
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store
Keywords: Apertus Partners, Largo , Cashier - Prince George's Community College, Hospitality & Tourism , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!