Mental Health Tech IR PRN
Company: Largo Medical Center - Indian Rocks
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Experience a higher degree of patient care at LargoMedical Center,
part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system.
Our455-bed acute care hospital is located on two campuses---in
mid-Pinellas Countyon the West Coast of Florida, providing medical
care for the residents ofLargo, and the nearby cities of
Clearwater, Seminole, St. Petersburg and theGulf Beach communities.
We are the only area hospital with all private patientrooms.HCA is
dedicated to the growth and development of ourcolleagues. We will
provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed inour
organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Transporter
to helpus reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!We offer you
an excellent total compensation package, includingcompetitive
salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities.
Webelieve in our team and your ability to do excellent work with
us. Yourbenefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending,
life, disability,tuition reimbursement, employee discount program
and an employee stock purchaseprogram. Student loan repayment
available for select roles and facilities.-- We would love to talk
to you about thisfantastic opportunityPOSITION SUMMARY:---- The
Mental Health Tech is a non-licensed attendant who contributes to
the patient care process by assisting with activities of daily
living; performing basic patient care activities and maintaining a
safe, clean environment for individually assigned patients.-- The
Mental Health Tech is under the supervision of a licensed
registered nurse.-- The Mental Health Tech considers the special
needs of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient in performing
appropriate interventions.--The position's tasks and
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- At least one year of experience working within the mental
health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Notice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Largo Medical Center - Indian Rocks, Largo , Mental Health Tech IR PRN, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!