Posted on: June 14, 2019
Largo, FL (10500 Ulmerton Rd. Suite 202)
Healthcare - RT/MA
General Position Summary:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring the well-being of
patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for
patients and other staff while working in conjunction with
physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical
staff. The successful Medical Assistant will have strong
communication skills and a dedication to customer service and
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and
models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is
clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of
* Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer
feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and
feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks
and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of
success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
* Complete provider orders per Clinical Functions by Position
document. (State and Provider applicable)
* Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and
recording vital signs and patient history.
* Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen
collection, exam preparation, etc.
* Complete occupational health testing including such services as
urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and
* Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches
* Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive,
supportive environment for patients and other staff.
* Complete patient referrals daily.
* Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of
normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based
documentation for all assessments and procedures.
* Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by
* Maintains HIPAA at all times.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types
of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
* Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT, UDS, BAT, hair
testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
* Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures,
following policy and procedure guidelines.
* Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position
according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of
* Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish a safe work environment.
* Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Complete all assigned training.
* Documentation of competency is required for all role-appropriate
procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or
certification as applicable.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
* Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and
machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all
* Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e.
OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care
Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper
storage of biohazards.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according
* Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between
patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping
* Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete
administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base
supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance
* Center Manager and all Center Team members, including providers
* Clinical & Business Operations Leaders.
* Administrative Offices support teams, including clinical and
business operations leaders and training staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Completion of medical assistant training program and/or a minimum
of 3 years direct patient care experience performing medical
assistant clinical duties in an urgent care, physician practice, or
emergency room setting is required.
* Direct experience with the following tasks:
* Clinical intake, patient data collection (e.g. chief complaint,
allergies, medical history including current medications, social
history, vital signs, etc.).
* Laboratory specimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine
collection, point of care testing, etc.).
* Performing EKG testing.
* Application of orthopedic devices, such as preformed splints.
* Performing basic wound care.
* Review of basic instructions such as use of patient assistive
devices (crutch fitting & walking).
* Depending on each state s regulations, certification and all
other applicable requirements by law, including but not limited to
all state requirements, licenses, etc. are required in specific
states. In the state of Nebraska (NE), must be registered with the
NE Department of Health & Human Services as a Medical Aide, or make
arrangements with Clinical Leadership to obtain promptly upon
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in
clinical management settings.
* If required by state must maintain current certification from the
Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants
(AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or
registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any
other recognized certifying body approved by the Board.
* Prior experience with employer health services preferred, but not
required (i.e. urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals,
* At the direction of the Provider and in accordance with all
regulations, must have the ability to prepare and administer all
prescribed medications IM, SQ, PO and intradermal medication
administration only after successful demonstration and completion
of the clinical competency skills checklist.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise
level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to
infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires the
ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending
and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to
clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and
appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age,
race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, status with respect to public assistance or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: MedExpress, Largo , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!