Medical Technologist I PRN
Company: IRL - North Florida
Posted on: December 27, 2018
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. The Medical Technologist I supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow.
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation.
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines.
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic maintenance according to schedule.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately.
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of work meets standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree in Science (Required)
- A 4 Year/Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology (Preferred)
- A State of Florida Technologist Licence OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- ASCP or similar certification is very helpful
- 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory settingAdditional Information:
- You should be available to work during disasters.
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: IRL - North Florida, Largo , Medical Technologist I PRN, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!