Infection Preventionist (IP) - Infection Control Nurse (RN)
Posted on: October 28, 2018
At the largest hospital in HCA's West Florida Division, become part of something bigger. Through the units of our 425-bed statutory teaching hospital, you will find an avenue to pursue your passion for excellence in patient care. Since 1978, Largo Medical Center has thrived due to a strong focus on growth, technological innovation, excellence in care, compassion and convenience. We have three locations primed to help patients in Pinellas County: Our Free-Standing ER in Clearwater, FL; Largo Medical Center-Main Campus in Largo, FL; and at Largo Medical Center-Indian Rocks Road near Indian Rocks Beach.
Our campuses provide exceptional care to our patients through a variety of our service lines such as Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Services, Behavioral Medicine, Bariatric/Surgical Weight Loss care at the Florida Bariatric Centers, Breast Healthcare at the Florida Breast Institute, Clinical Research, Occupational Health, Hepatobiliary Center, Imaging and Diagnostic Services, Knee Care at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Pavilion - 10th Anniversary, Outpatient and Inpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Sports Injury Care at the Florida Sports Medicine Center, Sleep Disorders Care, Wound Care, and Spine and Neurological Care at the Florida Spine & Neuro Center.
As a progressive and thriving facility, Largo Medical Center is committed to launching service lines that align themselves with the needs of the community. Our newest example of this commitment can be seen with the opening of our Transplant Institute of Florida, the first Transplant Institute in Pinellas County. With a passion for quality, and a commitment to growth for our hospital and our employees, Largo Medical Center creates a culture of compassion and service excellence for patients and employees alike.
The Infection Preventionist / Infection Control RN:
- Coordinates the hospital's Infection Control in compliance with the established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Provides surveillance and education relative to the prevention, detection, identification and control of infectious/communicable diseases within the hospital.
- Performs assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Infection Control Plan in accordance with regulatory agencies and all federal and state requirements.
- Assesses patients for risk of transmission or exposure to infections and implements appropriate safety precautions and follow up procedures.
- Utilizes and integrates all available pertinent data in developing Infection Control Plan that meets the needs of all customers.
- Interprets data to determine when patients or employees are at acute risk for infection and takes appropriate measures including notifying physician and/or Department Director.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the specific patient/health care worker population of the organization.
- Participates in patient rounding to improve patient outcomes and positively affect overall patient experience.
- Conducts surveillance, reporting, data analysis and identifies healthcare associated infections using NHSN criteria, CDC guidelines. Complies with CMS, notifiable diseases and organizational reporting requirements.
Keywords: HCA., Largo , Infection Preventionist (IP) - Infection Control Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!