Registered Nurse (RN) Rehabilitation (Nights)
Company: Largo Medical Center
Posted on: October 26, 2018
Largo Medical Center is a statutory teaching hospital with 12 residency programs. It consists of two campuses which offer one of the most comprehensive complements of services for patients in the Tampa Bay. Conveniently located in Largo, Florida - south of Clearwater and north of St. Petersburg - with Indian Rocks Beach as their backyard playground. The location makes for a perfect coastal lifestyle! The Registered Nurse Rehab is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. Our Rehabilitation Department is a 30-bed unit with 26-private rooms. Our patients receive 3 hours of therapy a day, 5 times a week and are recovering from strokes, amputations, fractured hips, ortho injuries, or suffer severe arthritis, etc. Largo Medical Center utilizes complete computerized charting (Meditech) for patient assessment and care documentation, and eMAR to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients. Computerized self-scheduling is available. Full-time is considered 36 hours per week, consisting of 3 x 12-hour shifts, including every other weekend. Desired skills: Recent RN acute care and/or RN acute care rehab experience preferred, but new grads with strong LPN acute care rehab experience considered.
- Associate Degree required, or BSN.
- Florida RN License.
- BLS certification through AHA.
- Recent acute care Rehab RN experience required.
- CRRN desired, but not required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Largo Medical Center, Largo , Registered Nurse (RN) Rehabilitation (Nights), Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!