Veterinary Assistant for Emergency Department
Company: Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care Center is
looking for a Veterinary Assistant to join their team!
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision Options)
- Competitive Pay
- 401k plus Match
- PTO/Sick time
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- Mental Health and Wellness Support
- Career Growth and Opportunities
- Special Tuition Rates to Penn Foster, and Student Loan
- Paid Parental Leave
The primary duties of this position include directly supporting all
areas of the hospital. The employee in this role will be
responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital,
supporting the technical and client relations teams, and assisting
with client communications.
JOB TASKS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Perform opening procedures, by stocking and cleaning exam rooms
- Complete hourly walk-throughs to ensure the cleanliness of all
animals and kennels.
- Assist with technician appointments by restraining patients and
assisting with drawing up vaccines.
- Greet clients and patients in a courteous, friendly, and
- Be able to weigh patients and load exam rooms properly.
- Input recordings into the patient file
- Effectively communicate information to supervisors/managers,
coworkers, and clients by telephone, in written form, email, or in
- Answer phones (once trained to do so).
- Safely and effectively restrain patients (compliant or
aggressive) for examinations, treatments, and ultrasounds.
- Obtain, label, log, and properly process lab samples such as
urine, blood, and feces for in-house tests or panels sent out to
respective labs (ie Antech, Idexx, or others).
- Accurately enter services provided in the medical records and
record medical notes and client communication in the patient's
- Clean, disinfect, and stock exam rooms and treatment areas
daily or as needed.
- Do laundry, sweep, mop, and help to maintain the cleanliness of
the hospital in all areas.
- Complete staff job(s) as assigned by the manager.
- Update client/patient files, including name, address, telephone
numbers, email address, etc.
- Assist clients in any way needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Apply today!!! We look forward
to hearing from you.
Keywords: Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care , Largo , Veterinary Assistant for Emergency Department, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...