RN, Care Advisor Field (Pinellas County) Sun-Thurs 6p-8a - Hospice
Company: Chapters Health System
Posted on: September 14, 2022
RN, Care Advisor Field (Pinellas County) Sun-Thurs 6p-8aIt's fun
to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Sunday - Thursday 6pm - 8am
The Field Care Advisor Nurse provides after-hours field visits to
patients, families, and community partners. Establishes and
maintains positive relationships with team members,
patients/families, and referral resources.
* Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active
multistate/compact nurse license
* Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience; hospice or hospital
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
* Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
written); bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
* Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
* Reliable transportation to meet patients' needs
* Excellent critical decision making and problem-solving skills
* Excellent clinical and assessment skills
* Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
demands to meet patient service standards and deadlines
* Ability to effectively handle stressful situations professionally
and calmly with exceptional customer service
* Strong patient service skills
* Information seeking / probing skills
* Accurate knowledge transfer
* Listening, understanding, and responding
* Able to navigate in a fast-paced environment utilizing
interpersonal skills during patient visits
* Ability to work in a cooperative team environment
* Able to exhibit a sense of urgency in daily work activities
* Skilled in computer operations; proficiency in MS Office software
applications, on-line research and proven data entry and navigation
* Available to work shifts to accommodate extended hours of
operation as scheduled
* Ability to perform sedentary work with frequent interruptions
* Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring
for terminally ill patients and their families
* Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodations
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
* Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Comply with all state, federal and local government regulations,
maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
* Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote the Company through participation in community and
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support Company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with coworkers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
* Makes after-hours visits to patients in their home, assisted
living facility, nursing home, or hospital, anywhere within the
assigned affiliate(s) territory. Provides compassionate customer
service to patients and families.
* Assesses patient/family and identifies immediate needs and
appropriate nursing interventions by phone and/or during visit.
* Provides and manages direct care to patients and families as part
of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial,
spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and
appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
* Demonstrates clinical skills regarding case management,
application of company policy and procedure, physical assessment,
intravenous therapies, pain medication titration, symptom
management, and patient/family relationships.
* Prioritizes, consults, refers, and collaborates with other
professionals to promote quality and continuity of patient/family
* Educates patient, family, caregivers and other health
professionals about disease process and decline, palliative
interventions, care giving, dying process, and safety
* Reports changes in the patient's condition to appropriate members
of the IDG or other health professionals.
* Attends patient deaths; prepares body for transport; oversees
disposal of medications; and provides bereavement support.
* Completes documentation per policy and procedure.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Largo , RN, Care Advisor Field (Pinellas County) Sun-Thurs 6p-8a - Hospice, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!