Company: Animal Hospital of Largo
Posted on: January 13, 2022
About This Location:The Animal Hospital of Largo is an animal
veterinary care facility located in Largo, Florida. We are a
full-service animal hospital providing veterinary care to dogs and
cats and offer services such as routine medical, surgical, and
dental care. Here at the Animal Hospital of Largo our goal is
always to assemble a veterinary health care team committed to
providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care.
The Animal Hospital of Largo team displays an unrivaled commitment
to our clients through continuing education, technological advances
in veterinary medicine and service, and most importantly,
administering compassionate care to all pets entrusted to us. If
you are a passionate and caring team player, please apply
today!Overview:The Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech) is responsible
for assisting Veterinarians in the care of animals. The Vet Tech
helps during patient examinations and surgical procedures by
restraining animals when necessary, stocking examination and
surgery rooms with supplies, sterilizing tools and ensuring that
equipment is in working order. Vet Techs also communicate with
clients (pet owners) and update patient files. This position may
perform an initial evaluation of the animal's condition, clean and
wrap wounds, check vital statistics, collect samples and administer
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet's condition and advise
doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the
veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner
during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with
owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the
doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet's record and
appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer
vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.Responsibilities /
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology preferred but not
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred but not
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained
thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a
sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.Benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling
a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Animal Hospital of Largo, Largo , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!