Lead Medical Technologist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Description SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Lead Medical
Technologist like you to join our organization. We believe in our
team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits
include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, employee discount program and employee stock purchase
program. Largo Medical Center is a 425 bed, teaching hospital with
3 different campuses near our beautiful Gulf Coast beaches. Largo
serves as the only transplant facility in Pinellas County. Largo
Medical Center's Graduate Medical Education program is the West
Coast Academic Center for NOVA Southeastern University and is
affiliated with the USF Morsani College of Medicine. As a Lead
Medical Technologist you will assist the Supervisor in the daily
efficient operation in any one are of the Clinical Laboratory as
assigned (Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Microbiology, point of
care) or in the daily operations of the shift as assigned, performs
clinical testing as a Medical Technologist in assigned areas. You
- Become proficient with information system computer functions
relative to job duties.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the
performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section
procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow.
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions
and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the
absence of the supervisor.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation
pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent
thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
(including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any
outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable
guidelines and parameters.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control,
standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency
requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic
maintenance according to schedule.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to
resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and
utilize them appropriately.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test
results according to established procedures and in a timely manner.
Qualifications You Should Have:
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the
ability to obtain a license prior to starting a new position
- A minimum of 1-3 years as a Medical Technologist Additional
- You should have availability to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel,
move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds IRL is a
member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare. HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired
Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare
has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical
Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our
tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of
excellence. Are you intrigued? If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are
very excited to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer
and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ascp, laboratory, medical, mls, scientist,
services, technician i, technician ii, testing, toxicology
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Largo , Lead Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!