Central Supply Clerk
Company: Sabal Palms Health Care Center
Posted on: January 10, 2020
Job DescriptionPosition:Central Supply
ClerkDepartment:AdministrationReports to:Director of
NursingFLSA:PurposeThe primary purpose of this position is to plan,
organize, develop, and direct the Purchasing Program in accordance
with current applicable federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines and regulations, and as may be directed by the Executive
Director, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident
care can be maintained at all times.Essential Job Functions Duties
and ResponsibilitiesSupply Functions
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct
procurement programs and activities. (Includes departmental
policies and procedures, job descriptions, etc.)
- Select vendors/suppliers in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Ensure all purchase orders are properly prepared, signed,
submitted and filed as required.
- Ensure all telephone orders are confirmed with a written
- Prepare and submit invitations to bid for major equipment.
Recommend best bids to the Executive Director.
- Prepare correspondence and claims concerning damaged
merchandise, errors in shipment, etc., and return to vendor as
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws,
procurement manuals, etc., necessary for complying with current
standards and regulations, and that will assist in purchasing
quality supplies and equipment.
- Participate in research and demonstrate new products/equipment
for the facility as approved.
- Organize/supervise storage, control and issue of supplies and
equipment in accordance with established policies and
- Ensure inventory is updated, as required, when
receiving/issuing supplies and equipment.Required Knowledge, Skills
and AbilitiesMust possess the ability to make independent
decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism.
Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general
public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and
emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to
speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient
for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents,
and families.Education and ExperienceHigh school diploma or
equivalent.Prefer purchasing experience in a health related
facility.Must have training in cost control and inventory
Keywords: Sabal Palms Health Care Center, Largo , Central Supply Clerk, Healthcare , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!