Clinical Resource Director
Posted on: September 12, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for working with the
Division Supply Chain Team to implement the strategic direction of
Supply Cost Management within a facility. This position is
responsible for reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract
portfolio, developing and executing product standardization with a
facility in conjunction with the Division Supply Chain Team. This
position is responsible for building strategic alliances with
Hospital Executive staff with emphasis on the COO, CNO and Clinical
Department Directors at it relates to successfully executing the
Supply Chain Operations Plan.
SUPERVISOR: Division Clinical Resource Director
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
* Develops and implements strategies and processes for reducing
supply expense/adjusted admission.
* Develops and implements product standardization and
* Monitors utilization and cost data and identifies waste.
* Develops and facilitates clinical product committees to reduce
the number of SKUs by standardization, increase product quality,
evaluate processes and introduce new products.
* Actively interacts with the clinicians performing the
departmental tasks to identify improvement opportunities and
develop/implement continuous quality improvement process regarding
supply/labor practices and recommends cost reductions.
* Actively participates and communicates with Medical Staff and
clinical staff to monitor, communicate, and make improvements to
* Actively participates, communicates and educates all affected
departments, physicians, and medical management personnel regarding
product and procedure changes.
* Maintains and communicates financial and performance measurements
as gauge of standardization/utilization success.
* Collaborate with physicians in identifying and implementing
improvements and standardization.
* Measures and continuously verifies process improvements and cost
* Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and
utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Practice and adhere to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" philosophy and
\\"Mission and Value Statement.\\"
* Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and word-processing
* Functional working knowledge of clinical and surgical supply and
SKU maintenance processes.
* Demonstrated quality improvement implementation skills with
regard to clinical processes and SKU management.
* Ability to communicate with physicians and other clinical
* Clinical Resource Director Page 2 August 1, 2012
* Understanding of utilization and productivity in a variety of
EDUCATION: An undergraduate degree required and Master's degree
EXPERIENCE: Nursing or healthcare experience directly related to
the duties and responsibilities specified in this job
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: RN preferred. At least 5-years clinical
management level experience may substitute for a RN license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Lifting and carrying up to 25
lbs. On a frequent basis; pushing and pulling of up to 50 lbs. on
occasion; required eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity
sufficient to operate clinical equipment, keyboard, photocopier,
telephone, calculator and other office equipment; requires some
bending, stooping and stretching; requires normal range of hearing
and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate
reports; exposure to toxic, caustic chemicals and detergent;
exposure to dust, fumes and helicopters; repetitive arm/hand
movements; acuity both far and near. Staff must remain flexible and
available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: HealthTrust, Largo , Clinical Resource Director, Executive , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!