Senior Purchasing Manager
Company: CONMED Corporation
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The purpose of theSenior PurchasingManagerrole is to ensure
thatprocurementactivities are coordinated to supportOperationsgoals
with regard to service levels, backorders, PPV and inventory
targets. TheSenior Manager will partner with internal stakeholders
and suppliers to achieve goals for on time delivery, customer
satisfaction and cash management.This is an onsite position.Duties
- Expedite and adjust delivery schedules at suppliers, as
required, to meet production needs.
- Review and revise contracts required for
ongoingoperationsrelated to products and services as required.
- Establish and maintain metrics for
- Recommend problem avoidance and cost reductions for existing
- Visit supplier facilities to observeoperationsand discuss
- Analyze specifications and determines the best source
forprocurementof commodities. Work closely with Corporate Sourcing
on development and onboarding of new suppliers.
- Correspond in writing and verbally with suppliers as required
to assure adequate and timely resolution of material problems.
- Initiate cost reduction programs with suppliers.
- Source and develop key suppliers with a goal of establishing a
good ethical and supplier/user relationship in cooperation with
Engineering, Research and Development and Quality Management.
- Prioritize and manage timelines for contract buys and
- Partner with commercial teams and communicate effectively about
supply challenges and opportunities.Required:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years ofpurchasingor relatedsupply chainexperience.Strongly
- 2+ years ofstaff managementexperience.
- Experience and understanding of Engineering Change
implementation as well as the Material Requirements Planning
calculation used to determine purchase requisitions.
- System experience utilizing and understanding anERP systemand
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices, materials management,
andStrategic Sourcing.0-20% travel#LI-OnsiteBenefits:CONMED offers
a wide array of benefits to fit your unique needs. Visit our for
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid
fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- CONMED matches your
contributions dollar for dollar, with the potential for up to 7%
per pay period
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan -- allows stock purchases at
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level
coursesKnow someone at CONMED? Have them submit you as a referral
before applying for this position to be eligible for our Employee
Referral Program incentives!CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
& an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of
workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, citizenship status, or veteran status.If you
feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you
are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option #3.
Keywords: CONMED Corporation, Largo , Senior Purchasing Manager, Executive , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!