Director, Compliance Risk Management - Bank
Location: Belleair Beach
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a passionate Director, Compliance Risk
Management- Bank for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado
Springs, CO, Tampa, FL, Plano, TX and Charlotte, NC facility. This
is a Hybrid opportunity.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding
business products, services, and processes through a compliance
framework to ensure they are implemented in accordance with
regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key
partners, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and
demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the
interests of USAA and its members. Manages and leads a staff in the
development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions
to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA.
Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates,
and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective
relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the
- Coordinates compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal
regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business
impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company
compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory
solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to
obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation
performance of department resources.
- Builds and leads all aspects of a team of employees for
assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting,
development, retention, coaching and support, performance
management, and managerial activities. Minimum Requirements:
education and min requirements are combined under this header
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and
regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting
to key internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations, to include:
CRA; ECOA; FCRA; MLA; SCRA; Regulation DD; Regulation E; Regulation
Z; and UDAP/UDAAP
- General understanding of federal supervisory guidance,
including but not limited to: letters, bulletins, manuals,
handbooks, proposals, and statements from the Federal Reserve, OCC,
and CFPB. Preferred Experience:
- Practical skills and experience in Compliance reporting,
analytics, executive level communications, problem solving and
- Technical skills to support analytics, reporting and technology
- Working knowledge of Compliance Management System (CMS), bank
regulatory requirements and risk management.
- Expertise in leading projects at an accelerated pace, manage
tight deadlines and focused on outcomes and results.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Experience in building CMS programs including, but not limited
to Training and Governance, Oversight and Board reporting. The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is:
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Largo , Director, Compliance Risk Management - Bank, Executive , Belleair Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!