In Home Judicial Case Manager Supervisor (7669)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant .
LSF is looking for a talented Case Manager Supervisor who wants to
make an impact in the lives of others.
We're offering SIGN-ON BONUSES!
* Non-Certified Supervisors - $2500
* Fully Certified Supervisors - $5000
Purpose & Impact:
This is complex professional work supervising and monitoring the
work of an assigned group of employees. The employee in this
position is expected to become familiar with agency contract goals
and requirements and to ensure staff performance toward those
goals. In addition, knowledge of Florida Child Welfare statutes,
administrative code and operating procedures as well as any
additional policy provided by the local Lead Agency, Department of
Children and Families Regional Quality Assurance staff or
Department memo is necessary for the proper performance of this
position. The Supervisor is required to demonstrate advanced skills
in communicating with, motivating, training and evaluating
employees, and is expected to meet regularly with each employee
under supervision to monitor and mentor performance. Supervisors
are expected to participate in the recruitment and hiring of
employees. The Case Management Supervisor will coordinate case
management and the delivery of social work and clinical services
that meet a full range of a family's needs within the home.
* Develops Performance standards and job duty expectations with
workers, reviews standards and plans for continuous
* Communicates worker's compliance with these expectations on a
* Reviews each case in unit caseload on a quarterly basis. This
review must include a one on one discussion with the assigned case
manager, recommendations for case progress, documentation of the
review and recommendations in the Florida Safe Families Network
(FSFN) online database.
* Monitors and directs the day to day work of case managers. This
monitoring must include the completion of home visits within
required time frames, the completion of required tracking tools,
court documentation, staffing packets, family assessments, case
documentation in FSFN within 48 hours, physical file maintenance
and other required case work in timely manner.
* Reviews and assists with complex cases, provides guidance and
* Reviews work product such as family assessments, home studies,
court reports, case plans and case documentation with case
managers, and provides consultation and direction to them to ensure
appropriateness, clarity, quality and thoroughness.
* Identifies performance needs of case managers and other assigned
staff, and develops and implements plans for performance
* Provides guidance to case managers and other staff by coaching,
motivating, training and providing staff development
* Identifies and promotes outstanding performance.
* Facilitates and participates in all required staffing's. Ensures
that case manager is prepared to present case appropriately and
provides guidance during staffing as necessary.
* Participates in court proceedings as necessary, and monitors
worker performance in court.
* Mentors at least one case manager each month in the field by
participating in a home visit with the case manager and providing
the case manager with appropriate feedback after that home visit.
These mentoring visits are to be documented by the Supervisor in
FSFN within required time frames.
* Performs random second party verifications of worker field
activities by phoning clients to discuss their recent contacts with
* Keeps AD and Program Director advised of high risk or problematic
cases, and arranges for Multi-Disciplinary staffing's for cases as
* Attends program Supervisor meetings as scheduled and shares
information gathered with unit workers.
* Conducts regular unit meetings with staff to share information,
provide training, discuss cases and participate in team building
* Develops training and staff development plans with each staff
person under his/her supervision.
* Conducts all required performance evaluations with assigned
workers in a timely manner. Submits evaluations to AD and Program
Director for discussion and review.
* Provides community education through public presentations.
* Participates in agency CQI activities as required.
All duties are performed in accordance with the following
* Courtesy: Treats customers, the public and staff with courtesy,
respect and dignity and presents a positive public image.
* Communication Skills: Keeps AD and Program Director fully
informed of activities, pertinent issues, upcoming events and
potential problems. Demonstrates effective oral and written
communication skills in daily work.
* Team Work: Supports the unit, department and/or organization and
works with others in an effort to accomplish the goals of the unit,
department and/or organization.
* Safety: Employee makes a reasonable effort to adhere to
established safety procedures and practices in the work area, and
ensures that unit workers do the same.
* Training: Attends and successfully completes all mandated
training courses, Must attend and successfully complete
"Supervising for Excellence" training curriculum. Must complete all
agency requirements to become certified as a Child Welfare
Supervisor within required timeframes.
* Confidentiality: Adheres to all confidentiality rules.
* On-Call: Supervisors are expected to be available and on call at
all times. Supervisor carries an active cell-phone during regularly
scheduled work hours, as well as after hours and on weekends, in
order to immediately respond to all calls.
* Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural
and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
Case Manager Supervisors are charged with ensuring that their case
managers fully understand case ownership responsibility as the
integrator of all services and supports identified for each child,
including therapy, other mental health services, health and
dentistry, developmental services, educational support, permanency
and safety; as well as their responsibility to make trauma
sensitive transitions when it is determined that a caretaker lacks
the needed level of responsibility to care for their children.
Must have a high level of energy, be adaptable to irregular hours,
be flexible to cover on-call as needed, be able to travel as
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in human services field.
Individual must have a Child Protection Certificate. A Master's
degree is preferred.
Must have 3 years' experience as a certified child welfare case
manager in the Florida Dependency system. Prior supervisory
* Knowledge of theories and practice of child protection, social
work and family assessments.
* Knowledge of professional ethics related to child protection and
* Knowledge of physical and behavioral indicators of abuse and
* Knowledge of effective management skills.
* Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
* Knowledge of court procedures and legal requirements.
* Knowledge of methods of collecting, organizing and analyzing
* Knowledge of supervision techniques.
* Skills in direct observation of case manager's abilities in
interacting appropriately with families, community resources,
service providers and other professionals.
* Ability to assess case manager's performance and develop
performance improvement plans.
* Ability to analyze the effectiveness of service programs, and
identify resources or make adjustments needed to meet needs.
* Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to effectively supervise staff members.
* Ability to understand and apply relevant laws, rules, regulations
policies, and procedures.
* Ability to conduct thorough case staffing's and other
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural
and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
* Reports directly to Assistant Director and overall, the Program
* Team player with co-workers, administrators, and funders
* Accurate, complete, and timely submission of required statistical
* Adherence to all licensing and quality assurance standards
* Adherence to agency policies and procedures
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide
range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become
part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in
need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they
explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including :
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
* 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
* Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
* 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3%
student loan repayment reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Largo , In Home Judicial Case Manager Supervisor (7669), Executive , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!