Veterinary Nurse Manager (Specialty)
Company: Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care
Posted on: May 5, 2022
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care Center is
seeking a Veterinary Nurse Manager to help lead our amazing
- Provide day-to-day coaching and supervision of Technician team
- Ensure there are set OSHA regulations for the hospital and team
members are trained appropriately. Conduct hospital safety meetings
at least every 6 months.
- Maintain and oversee the Radiology compliance in the hospital;
to include dosimetry badge reports and exchanges, exposure checks
for protective equipment, and patient logs.
- Maintain PPE logs and ensure we always have appropriate
- Maintain and oversee cleaning and maintenance of all laboratory
equipment; including maintaining a checklist for each piece of
- Maintain Policies & Procedures for the medical team; meet with
Medical Director and Practice Manager about concerns and policies
needed. Ensure the Medical Director review of all policies and
procedures prior to implementation.
- Work with the Department Leads to ensure team members are
providing adequate support and departments are running
- Brainstorm with the leadership team about ways to improve
efficiencies and ways to help our teams provide better patient
- Oversee schedules for technical team members within the set
budget of each department at least 4 weeks in advance for Practice
- Manage and approve time-off requests for all technicians within
1 week of request being made ensuring appropriate coverage for each
department when approving.
- Coordinate the holiday schedule for technician team members at
least 2 months in advance to ensure adequate coverage during busy
- Perform 1:1 conversations and supply feedback for all
- Assist the Practice Manager in the hiring, accountability
discussions, and termination of team members as needed.
- Oversee training of all new team members; ensure all leaders
are providing accurate training and providing regular
- Perform employee evaluations and reviews for technical team
members with the assistance of the Practice Manager.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning and maintenance
checklists for the technician teams to ensure completion of
assigned duties and appropriate cleanliness of the hospital
- Assist any team member as needed to provide a
- Perform other duties as assignedLeadership Capabilities
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies documents, shares,
and promotes best practices.
- Drives accountability of all team members in achieving
- Facilitates clear and consistent communication within the
leadership team, with all team members and with clients.
- Consciously leads by example to shape a positive culture based
on trust and teamwork that caters to the needs of our clients.
- Demonstrates leadership and collaboration by building
relationships and rapport with staff teams quickly and actively
engaging the team in collective problem-solving.
- Excellent trainer of individuals on systems, process, and how
to be successful as part of the team.
- Manage time and tasks of yourself and the team appropriately
remaining flexible to provide support as needed.People Management
- Partner with the Practice Manager to address staffing needs
including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of
- Implements performance-based incentive, rewards, and
- Creates staff schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to elevate the
team to increased performance and productivity levels.
- Conduct 1:1 conversations with all members of the technical
team at least quarterly.
- Passionate about maintaining a safe, harassment-free work
environment by providing resources, support, and supervision to the
team.Client Service Capabilities
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client
- Resolves client issues and escalations; oversees client
- Drives client visits through strategic client
- Heads off and resolves client concerns in a courteous and
- Always assumes positive intent when dealing with any
situation.Growth & Development Capabilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of hospital
procedures and policies.
- Design workflow systems and processes that consistently drive
results with the end goal of providing an outstanding client and
- Identify growth and innovation opportunities based on
experience and interaction with team members.
- Manages priorities across and within areas of the hospital;
ability to productively prioritize tasks.We offer an amazing
benefits package including PTO, 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision
Insurance, generous pet discounts, and MUCH MORE! Apply today!
Keywords: Tampa Bay Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Care , Largo , Veterinary Nurse Manager (Specialty), Executive , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!