Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: September 12, 2022
Maintenance Technician for Pinellas Head Start and Early Head
StartLocated in Largo, FLM - F / 40 Hour Work WeekLSF is looking
for a talented Maintenance Technician who wants to make an impact
in the lives of others.Purpose & ImpactThe purpose of the
Maintenance Technician is to perform required maintenance and
repair duties necessary to maintain assigned facilities; perform a
variety of carpentry, electrical, painting, and plumbing repair and
maintenance work; perform routine and emergency repairs and
adjustments to buildings and facilities. Participates in the HS/EHS
Quality Assurance efforts.Essential Functions
- Performs required maintenance and repair duties necessary to
maintain assigned facilities and buildings by performing a variety
of carpentry, electrical, painting, and plumbing repair and
maintenance work; perform routine and emergency repairs and
adjustments to buildings and facilities.
- Install and repair a variety of electrical components including
lights, wall outlets, and switches.
- Repair and replace plumbing fixtures including faucets,
fixtures, washers, and gaskets.
- Perform carpentry work including the construction,
installation, and repair of cabinets, partitions, bulletin boards,
shelving, windows, doors, desks, chairs, and related items; install
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to equipment and
facilities including changing air filters, repairing heating and
air conditioning units, and perform minor concrete work including
the repair of sidewalks.
- Unlock and lock doors; turn off alarms; turn on lights and
outside code pads; issue alarm codes to employees and provide
training on alarm use.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment; set-up rooms for
meetings and special events; ensure security of facilities
including locking and unlocking doors.
- Assist in maintaining supply inventory and ordering necessary
supplies; receive and store materials and supplies; pick up
supplies and equipment as necessary;
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment to identify
maintenance, repair, and replacement needs; report safety,
sanitary, and fire hazards.
- Perform custodial duties to maintain buildings and facilities
in a clean and desirable condition as assigned; sweep, vacuum, mop,
wax, strip, and polish floors; vacuum and shampoo carpets; dust and
polish furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment; wash windows,
mirrors and walls; clean desks and counter tops; empty, clean, and
sanitize waste receptacles.
- Clean and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures including
mirrors, sinks, urinals, toilets, and partitions; replenish
supplies in restrooms including filling soap and towel
- Clean light fixtures; replace lights, bulbs, and fluorescent
tubes as necessary.
- Perform work in adherence to safe work practices and procedures
and in compliance with applicable standards.
- Attends safety training and participates in staff meetings and
in-services activities as directed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to Head
Start/Early Head Start children, families and staff in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Required/Preferred Education and
- High school diploma or GED. - Graduation from technical trade
school preferred. -
- Two (2) years of experience performing general maintenance and
repair duties, preferably in an institutional or educational
environment. -Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or English and
other languages present in the local area. -
- Successful completion of a Level II background screening, local
criminal record check and drug screening prior to hiring.
- Must possess a valid Florida drivers' license and
certifications necessary to drive all vehicles as
required.Competencies (Skills/Knowledge & Abilities)
- Operation and use of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Basic record keeping techniques.
- Methods, equipment and materials used in general maintenance
- Health and safety procedures.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and
- Basic theory of electricity.
- Basic theory and practice of heating, ventilation, and air
- Operational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in
the area of assigned work.Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Perform required maintenance and repair duties necessary to
maintain assigned facilities.
- Perform a variety of carpentry, electrical, painting, and
plumbing repair and maintenance work.
- Perform routine emergency repairs and adjustments to buildings
- Maintain facilities in a clean, safe and secure condition.
- Use common cleaning equipment and supplies safely and
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment for meetings and
- Observe and report safety hazard and need for maintenance and
- Learn the policies, procedures, and codes related to building,
maintenance, and repair.
- Perform a full range of semi-skilled custodial, building
maintenance and repair work.
- Repair and maintain a variety of mechanical equipment.
- Read and interpret sketches, drawings, diagrams, and
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working
relationship with others.Physical Requirements:Dexterity of hands
and fingers to operate maintenance equipment; reaching overhead,
above the shoulders and horizontally; walking or standing for
extended periods of time; bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling or
crouching to conduct custodial and maintenance work; seeing to
operate appropriate machinery; and lifting heavy objects of at
least 50 pounds. - Reasonable accommodation may be made for
otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. -Why work for
LSF?LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a
wide range of populations in need.Mission Driven staff members
become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of
those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as
they explore areas of interest within the -organization. - -Amazing
benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursementLutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity -employer.Lutheran Services
Florida Children & Head Start Services2210 Tall Pines Drive Largo,
FL 33771EOE/DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Largo , Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!