Clinical Education Specialist
Posted on: December 30, 2018
Job DescriptionClinical and Educational Services SpecialistPerform essential functions within the Clinical and Educational Services department in the areas of Surgical Skills, Product and Surgical Technique Training, Marketing, and Logistics.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain advanced understanding of sports medicine surgical procedures and how CONMED products and required general instruments are used in those procedures in a lab setting.
- Assist surgeons in lab settings and high profile demonstrations, performing functions of a PA, and Surgical 1st or 2nd Assistant
- Understand and communicate the marketing messaging for products used by our customers.
- Work with all divisions of CONMED to assist in lab logistics, facility preparation, freight assistance, and lab staffing as required.
- Keep current on all new product and tissue form releases and the new surgical techniques for the use of those products. Integrate new products into existing inventory with an understanding of the impact on budget, cannibalization, and instrumentation requirements.
- Staff OLC, association, and other field based events as needed. Responsible for event set-up, rep/staff supervision, customer assistance, and event break-down.
- Support Sales with product tips and pearls for successful use in demonstrations, and guidance on anatomical and bone model options.
- Determine product and display needs for technical workshops and exhibits, Review marketing strategy for each event.
- Assure proper function and condition of products at all events. Ability to function test and troubleshoot issues in the field.
- Work with vendors and internal ConMed resources to design and produce tooling, fixtures, and displays that may be needed to support labs and exhibits.
- Clinical Education equipment inventory process ownership. Process improvement initiatives, return to inventory protocols, repair and testing protocols, third party vendor material management, Samples and lab supply budget adherence and reporting.
- Advanced global freight services and logistics. Work with freight handlers and custom brokers to ensure product is delivered to the destination within deadlines. Process shipments for Marketing, RD, Advanced Visualization, and International Country Managers.
- Work with Marketing and Sales partners to utilize mobile lab systems for field based Surgeon Education and VOC/R&D activity. Coordinate additional product needs with Marketing to ensure all needed items are at the location when needed.
- The strategic equipment and material coordination for all orthopaedic association events, Orthopaedic Learning Center events, Regional and international labs. Ability to extrapolate what equipment and materials will be needed to successfully execute a dynamic surgical procedure from a limited amount of detail from the requestor. (i.e. "shoulder instability lab")RequirementsWork Experience: A minimum of 3-5 year work experience in a related field.Education: A college or technical degree preferred.Physical: Required to work flexible schedule, extended hours, and weekends. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Must be comfortable working in a surgical/cadaveric lab setting. Travel up to 50% may be required. Company DescriptionCONMED Corporation is a progressive, global medical device company, operating in 20 countries. Through thoughtful leadership, innovation and team work, we are changing the future of healthcare. Our 3,500 employees worldwide make meaningful contributions, positively impact the business, and advance in their careers as our company and product portfolio grows.We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology and our employees enjoy challenging and diverse job opportunities across these varied specializations. CONMED is headquartered in the United States. We operate throughout Canada, with an office in Mississauga, Ontario, as well as 18 additional countries globally. Our international presence includes more than 20 locations throughout Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, North America, and the Middle East.
Keywords: ConMed, Largo , Clinical Education Specialist, Education / Teaching , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!