Early Childhood Education Supervisor (30171)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong, and communities are vibrant.LSF is
looking for a talented Early Childhood Education Supervisor who
wants to make an impact in the lives of others.Purpose & Impact:The
purpose of the Early Childhood Education Supervisor works under the
supervision and direction of the Director of Education, ECE
Supervisor promotes the school readiness of Head Start children by
providing technical assistance, mentoring, and training to the
staff and agency. Responsible for education and early childhood
development services including program options and staffing.
Provides culturally responsive, integrated service delivery of
child development, disabilities, and mental health that supports
learning environments to: a) enhance childrens cognitive, social,
and emotional development and b) promote childrens growth in
language, literacy, mathematics, science, social and emotional
development, creative arts, physical development, and approaches to
learning. Participates in the HS/EHS Quality Assurance
- Facilitates peer-to-peer learning both one-on-one or group
settings in joint process of capacity-building strategies.
- Provides skill development and mentoring to staff progressing
in their position by performing on-the-job technical assistance and
mentoring of specific skills.
- Provide guidance to staff in building skills and
- Facilitating the development, implementation, and coordination
of internal support plans (action plans, behavior plans) with
parents, teachers, and supervisors.
- Implements and evaluates skills and strategies
- Provides ongoing quality assistance to address childrens
challenging behaviors and sensory needs.
- Supports the professional development of all staff by
delivering coaching and technical assistance.
- Assist with Center Management in the absence of the Center
Director and ensures that CLASS, classroom assessments, and all
other school readiness requirements are met at each center.
- Provide support in the implementation and roll-out of LSF
policy and procedures and management by objectives and the approval
process for early childhood services.
- Works collaboratively with the VPK/SR Supervisor with the
implementation of Head Start and State Pre-Kindergarten school
- Provide support in instances in which vacancies exist among
early childhood management and classroom staff.
- Provide direct support in the aggregation of school readiness
data and required assessments for all LSF Head Start and Early Head
- Supervises Center Directors and ensures adequate staffing at
all center locations. Provides CLASS evaluations and the
aggregation of children assessments. Takes appropriate corrective
action as needed.
- Participates in site visits, classrooms observations, and work
groups to assess program needs and planning strategies for
system/process improvement and/or development of early childhood
education, disabilities, and mental health.
- Assesses the implementation of the agencys work plan to insure
the program/content goals and objectives are met.
- Provides guidance and support to staff with implementation of
curriculum/individualization plans and ongoing assessments.
- Manages the curriculum implementation county-wide for the
Grantee and is responsible for working with the Director of
Education and Quality Assurance Manager toward providing required
assessments for children and outcomes reporting. Maintains content
development expertise and disseminates such knowledge by providing
ongoing quality assistance to staff.
- Develops and disseminates resources and best practices for the
process of implementing quality improvement efforts.
- Attends all workshops and meetings as deemed necessary by the
Director of Education and the Head Start Director.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to HS/EHS
children, families and staff in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as
assigned.QualificationsPhysical Requirements: Must be able to lift
at least 45 lbs. Reasonable accommodation may be made for otherwise
qualified persons with disabilities.Education: A baccalaureate or
advanced degree in early childhood education from an accredited
college or university; or A baccalaureate or advanced degree in any
subject and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early
childhood education. Current Florida Child Care Directors
credential.Experience: Must be 21 years of age. Five years of
supervisory experience required as well as early education teaching
experience. Some experience in financial management and budgeting
preferred. Previous Head Start/Early Head Start experience
preferred. Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or English and
other languages present in the local area.Also required:
Certification in First Aid and CPR within six months of the date
assigned to this position; and successful completion of a Level II
background screening, local criminal record check and drug
screening prior to hiring. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HS/EHS performance standards.
- Knowledge of local customs, cultures, languages and resources
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques.
- Math skills needed to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, percentages and overtime.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret graphs, charts,
spreadsheets and other mathematical reports.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions; make recommendations and develop
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to interpret agency, federal and state laws pertaining
to the program.
- Ability to speak before groups of individuals and to lead
employees and volunteers.
- Ability to plan and direct activities to write goals and
- Ability to utilize agency resources and technology to
appropriately answer questions and provides guidance to staff and
- Ability to train and provide presentations to large and small
- Ability to collaborate with and have working knowledge of local
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load and deadlines.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skillsWhy work for
LSF?LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a
wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members
become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of
those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as
they explore areas of interest within the organization. Amazing
benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Largo , Early Childhood Education Supervisor (30171), Education / Teaching , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!