Company: DaVita Medical Group
Posted on: December 1, 2019
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:The Medical Receptionist is responsible to the
Center Administrator and provides appointment scheduling, patient
registration, cashiering, answers incoming calls and performs other
related clerical functions.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including
quality and care and concern with each and every internal and
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all
Company policies and procedures.
- Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients
protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Responsible for accurately and professionally handling all
front desk operations including answering phones, greeting
patients, scheduling of all appointments, balancing daily
collections, addressing routine inquiries, and forwarding
non-routine requests to appropriate personnel.
- Receives incoming telephone calls in a prompt and courteous
- Performs clerical duties as directed.
- Assists with the inventory and maintenance of business office
supplies and the completion of business office reports.
- Works daily reports, incomplete encounters, No Show reports,
and other designated administrative reports according to office
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to travel may be required.EDUCATION:
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent.EXPERIENCE:
- Previous medical office experience preferred.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of medical coding preferred.
- Ability to interact and verbally communicate effectively with
patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous
and effective manner with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to display excellent telephone/switchboard
- Ability to multi- task in a high paced environment with good
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to work
with general guidance.
- Demonstrated clerical skills (typing, filing, telephone
- Knowledge of business office operations and basic bookkeeping
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English
language fluently. What's the first thing that happens when one of
the leading independent medical groups in the country comes
together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With
DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic,
Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan
Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family
of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of
challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health
care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality
care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That
takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to
contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do
your life's best work. (SM)Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea.
We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make
the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how
we use the world's large accumulation of health - related
information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage
pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond
the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of
the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some
of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care
has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that
means working on high performance teams against sophisticated
challenges that matter. Here youll find incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's
best work. (SM)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare
and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: DaVita Medical Group, Largo , Medical Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Largo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!